• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would the vcore need to be increased if I overclock the fsb but stay at stock speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Would the vcore need to be increased if I overclock the fsb but stay at stock speeds?

Basically, if I had an Athlon XP 1600+, would I need to increase the voltage going into the chip to get it to run at 1400MHz at 200fsb x 7? Or since I am still at stock I wouldn't need to? Any ideas?

Thanks

Tipycol

absolutlely not. The VIO is what is needed to be raised in this situation along with ram voltage if available.

A VIO of 3.6 is a bare minimum must for people who overclock the chipset over 20% behond spec!

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
absolutlely not. The VIO is what is needed to be raised in this situation along with ram voltage if available.

A VIO of 3.6 is a bare minimum must for people who overclock the chipset over 20% behond spec!

OC-Master

Hehe...well that's good news...now I think I'd have to look at ram cooling then :D

Thanks

Tipycol

Back