• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would there be a purpose in getting a dual slot-1 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

What I plan to do is run my PIII 667 and a celeron 366 (accoding to sticky this should work). I have both processors and my only problem is I don't know that much about dualies other than the stickies. So would it be worth it to actually make my PIII system into a dual system? And what was the best dual slot-1 board and why?

Thanks

Tipycol

Last edited:
I believe you'll find that the processors you run need to match. I don't believe you can run a P/// and a Celeron. Two P///'s or two Celerons (same speed, ie, two P/// 700E's or two Celeron 400's) are required.

B.

Mr B said:
I believe you'll find that the processors you run need to match. I don't believe you can run a P/// and a Celeron. Two P///'s or two Celerons (same speed, ie, two P/// 700E's or two Celeron 400's) are required.

B.

Oh. Oh well...my idea was just a thought cause I wanted something to do while I waited for the nForce 2's/KT400A's to mature a little

Thanks for the info

Tipycol

Robbie said:
well if you need a dual board for PIII I'm SURE there are some in the classifieds!!!!

Rob

Yea, but then I'd still need to get another proc, damn I thought I could mix and match different processors :( Oh well

I think you'd be able to mix and match P3's OR Cellies but not together. (As in mixing speeds).

A friend of mine just built a system with an Acorp dual board... he had one 667 (P3) laying around and just added another.

SickBoy said:
I think you'd be able to mix and match P3's OR Cellies but not together. (As in mixing speeds).

Do you mean I can run a p3 and cellie? I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Ok, how about this question, would it be better for my Piii setup if I ran dual celerons say @ 500Mhz each? Would it be worth it? Or is the fact that they are celerons not help?

Tipycol said:
Ok, how about this question, would it be better for my Piii setup if I ran dual celerons say @ 500Mhz each? Would it be worth it? Or is the fact that they are celerons not help?

No, you cant run a celeron and P3 toghther. For nothing else at least because they dont have the same FSB.
If you already have one P3 667, look for another one. Propably you will find one for less than 40 bucks. A dual P3 667 will SMOKE a dual celeron 500, no doubt about it.

They're going for around $50 on eBay, kinda what the tops I thought I'd spend. Think I'll just see how good the nForce 2 does and whether or not it's worth buying.

BTW, no one seemed to mention what the best dual slot/socket 370 board was, anyone have an opinion?

Thanks

Tipycol

Back