• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you say this is a bad cooling solution, Raijintek TRITON AIO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They really did cut corners on this thing...
Just tighten the screws till the water block doesn't move around easily, not until they're tight, and see what happens to the temps.

The Plate - motherboard screws (4 screws), or waterblock - plate screws (2 screws)?

I would do it with the four screws so you can be more precise.

I just did it while Aida64 stress testing. It has been running for an hour so temperatures should be pretty accurate.

So, loosening screws didnt change much. It seems that my CPU always hits 70°C and stops there. While loosening up some more, temperatures rose to 76°C, tightening screws again made it drop to 70°C again.
I also noticed that temperatures were better if I loosened those 2 screws instead of the 4 ones. Should I end with my experiment here and just accept the fact that my computer heats up to 70°C (72 max)?

Also, I tested it with, like said before, Aida64, 4.2GHZ @ 1.24V

I guess you've gotten about all you're getting with this cooler.

Wish we could have gotten it better for you, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I guess you've gotten about all you're getting with this cooler.

Wish we could have gotten it better for you, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I know this one is probably all said and done but I was wondering if lapping the cold plate would be advisable in this circumstance. I dotthink have the links handy but I read a fair amount of posts that talked very favorably of lapping for the cpu and the heatsink. Just wondering what you guys think :)

I know this one is probably all said and done but I was wondering if lapping the cold plate would be advisable in this circumstance. I dotthink have the links handy but I read a fair amount of posts that talked very favorably of lapping for the cpu and the heatsink. Just wondering what you guys think :)

It could work, but you'd have to make sure to lap it into the proper shape.
The cold plate here isn't shaped correctly, so it'd have to be shaped instead of just polished.

From what I read, it seems that an uneven IHS and coldplate/heatsink plate are not even uncommon. Is this one very far from flat ( I'll admit I kind of glossed over the part where he said exactly how it stood up to the paper test) ? From looking at the pics of the tim, it doesn't look outright terrible - maybe like it just needs to be brought back into "true" (flat)? I've never actually done such a thing before though so haven't got much idea how much work goes into it. And are we sure there isn't just a generic Tim in use here? Is it possible he's just maxed out the thermal conductivity of a poor tim?

(BTW I'm kinda just asking for my own benefit, if these answers are obvious... Well I missed it in the reading or they're not obvious at my knowledge level :) )

From what I read, it seems that an uneven IHS and coldplate/heatsink plate are not even uncommon. Is this one very far from flat ( I'll admit I kind of glossed over the part where he said exactly how it stood up to the paper test) ? From looking at the pics of the tim, it doesn't look outright terrible - maybe like it just needs to be brought back into "true" (flat)? I've never actually done such a thing before though so haven't got much idea how much work goes into it. And are we sure there isn't just a generic Tim in use here? Is it possible he's just maxed out the thermal conductivity of a poor tim?

(BTW I'm kinda just asking for my own benefit, if these answers are obvious... Well I missed it in the reading or they're not obvious at my knowledge level :) )

It's far enough mismatched that he's exceeding 85°C on IBT at 4.3GHz

From the pictures I saw of the TIM spread, your tightening one side too much before tightening the other side and this will cause the TIM to spread unevenly to one side. I've found it's of the utmost importance to make sure you make the smallest of tightening adjustments at each corner (when 4 screws are involved) or each side so you don't cause unequal pressure to make the TIM to concentrate to one side. The step I do isn't advisable by most I'm sure, but I found prior to tightening the screws on the block I make really small circular motions to help spread the TIM out first this also makes it easier to let the block sit on the CPU without it sliding around (I'm assuming you have set your computer on it's side or the MB is laying flat at least).

On a side note, does it feel like the lines from the waterblock to the radiator might be torqueing or adding unneeded pressure. on one side or the other? It took me a few different attempts to get the Corsair AIO set up so that the hoses weren't torqueing the block and giving me bad contact, just a thought.

Back