• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW. Audgy 2 ZS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

Ok well i got the original Audigy right when it came out (2001 i think?) and i have been using that ever since. My speakers are 4.1 Klipsh.... anywho, being the genious that i am, when operating on my watercooling system i spilled a good deal of water on my card. Even though i cleaned the card up, let it dry, doused it in rubbing alc etc, the card was as good as dead and my system would not post with it in.... So, anyways i decided to spend the extra money and get the Audigy 2 ZS instead of just getting another audigy (or audigy 2 for that matter).

I am very happy i did that. the sound quality is ABSOLUTELY incredible (much better than audigy). I highly recommend this card to anyone.

Pinky

Yeah, they did some sweet things with the latest Audigy 2's. I have the 2 NS for my laptop, the surround effects are sweet.

BigJk-47

Awesome,santa is going to bring me this card!!! Im sure it will be a good upgrade over my 5.1Live! card.

Im also trying to find a review on Logitech Z-5300's.Looks like a good set of speakers to pair it with.

12am

That is the sort of good news I wanted to hear! I've been looking into the audigy 2 ZS as a holiday buy to replace my old audigy and it looks like I'll have to mosey on down to my local wholesaler and pick it up.

itizme

12am said:
That is the sort of good news I wanted to hear! I've been looking into the audigy 2 ZS as a holiday buy to replace my old audigy and it looks like I'll have to mosey on down to my local wholesaler and pick it up.

enjoy

Flakk

i have an Audigy 2 plain, no ZS... should I expect to have the same "ABSOLUTELY incredible" sound quality as you are having? I havent got mine hooked up to a good speaker system.. yet ;) I hope I'm not missing out.

is there THAT big of a difference between Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS?

I made the jump from SB Live to Audigy 2 plain... that would be a bigger jump than from Audigy 2 to Audigy 2 ZS correct?

itizme

I wish I knew that answer, but I can say it is every bit as good as the home theatre, but for me the real test is in hearing someone sneaking up behind me in a game. The EAX is unbeleivably perfect.

12am

Flakk said:
i have an Audigy 2 plain, no ZS... should I expect to have the same "ABSOLUTELY incredible" sound quality as you are having? I havent got mine hooked up to a good speaker system.. yet ;) I hope I'm not missing out.

is there THAT big of a difference between Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS?

I made the jump from SB Live to Audigy 2 plain... that would be a bigger jump than from Audigy 2 to Audigy 2 ZS correct?

The diffrence the audigy 2 zs has over the audigy 2 is this; 108db signal to noise ratio vs the audigy 2's 105, zs uses 24bit/192khz dacs whereas audigy 2 uses 24bit/96khz. Also zs decodes DTS es and DD ex and can support 7.1 surround systems, whereas audigy 2 only does DD ex and only supports up to 6.1. In response to your other question yes the jump from sb live to audigy 2 is a bigger one than audigy 2 to audigy 2 zs. Also hooking up these soundcards to high quality speakers is a must in getting the best sound quality you can.

DayUSeX

still do you think audio quality is better than the soundstorm that is on nforce 2 boards?? Only reason i ask is i have a pci slot and klipsh 4.1's and im always looking for my audio to sound better.

12am

Yes I believe that the audigy 2 zs would sound better than the soundstorm. Not to mention it has a ton more features and it doesn't get better than creative when it comes to playing games.

scanido

I just upgraded from my onboard audio on my IC7-MAx3 using the optical out to my Yahamha HT system, to an Audigy 2 ZS using monster calble analog RCAs and the difference is OUTSTANDING!

Before i was only getting stereo output in games and music, now it is simply amazing playing COD and UT2003 in 5.1 surround!!! The highs, the bass sound much more pronounced in everything, MP3 playback is unreal when upmixed to all speakers.

If your thinking about switching from onboard to the Audigy i highly recommend it. Especially if you have a nice speaker setup.

pvc_and_frost

I am going the extra mile and hooking up a gigaworks 7.1 thx sound system up to an audigy 2 zs plat. After that, I am going to watch lord of the rings and melt with the awesome sound. :)

Subaru

Disabled
Should I get a Audigy 2 or ZS? I can get these at compusa for $72 or $94 with tax. I'm currently using my onboard max3 and it suck.

On my old rig, I went from AUdigy 1 to Soundstorm, and now this onboard is suck. I need answers in 5 minutes because I'm going to get either one. Maybe audigy 2.

n00bular

Just a side note... the audigy no doubt has the best sound quality for games. There are much better sound cards for a music/dvd viewing experience. A competitor that sounds a whole lot better in the music/dvd category is the M-Audio Revolution (~$90 USD). The downside of it is that the audigy blows the revoluiton out of the water in games.

voodoomelon

Hee Hee, i've gone one more than all and splashed out on a ZS Platinum Pro -> Sound and movie editing buff.:D

Can't wait for it to arrive. Wish I had 7.1's now...:rolleyes: The old DTT3500's will have to suffice:p

BigJk-47

Santa brought me the card and I installed it but I only hear a slight difference.Is that because I have Z-540's,logitechs cheapest speaker set? LOL

Im gonna upgrade to Z5300's or Z-680's.I just hope I hear the difference :p

scanido

Just remember your sound system is only as good as the weakest link!

Everything counts including what you use to connect your speakers and sound card to the amplifier!

Hell I went from the cheap cabling that came with my speaker set to upscale monster cabling and now i can blast my system with no distortion and improved clarity!