• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow ive been having the worst luck with my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ferrari

About 4-5 days ago, my computer just completly stopped working. So i thought it may have been the power supply, well i tried 4 of them no go, then bought a new case because either way was gonna get a new motherboard but the place was closed. I get the new motherboard the next day and put my computer back together, everything is working great.

Then i format my hd and boom i have the problem with my monitor or something, because the rest of the computer seems to be working but nothen appearing on the monitor

System Specs:
DFI 865PE Infinity
Intel P4 2.53 ghz
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
Floppy
Radeon Ati 9500 PRO 128
300 watt power supply
60 gig maxtor HD

and i thought this either belonged on video or motherboards, so put here

wizard james

maybe the videocard got knocked out..look at the coneters and make sure there all good (nothin bent)

...maybe try a new monitor

itizme

what about your beep codes?
What happens with another monitor?
Did ya try a vid card yet?

Como

heh, i see that allll the time. first off: take out your floppy/ide cables. (unplug them from the mobo)
thats the problem 90% of the time, i swear. if it works, reseat all your ide/floppy cables. (both ends)

if stuff still doesnt appear on the monitor, try reseating your memoery, or try a different bank.

definately check the vid card, too. if you have an old ISA card hangin around pop it in and see what happens (and take out hte agp one)