• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WPCREDIT How the hell do I use it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samoyed

I DL WP credit and opened it. Then I stared at it for a while and concluded that it was some sort of editing program to change performance values. Other than that I am clueless.

Anyone know where to start? Where do I get the numbers to change it.? I want to set up the thing that makes the CPU run cooler at idle.

EP-8K3AE

Tarzan

Registered
Wpcredit is ok on all brands using a chipset it supports. How well that cooling trick works is another question. If it was so supergreat why is it not used by default, as an option? There is more to that trick than "weeeee cpu is so cold when idle" For example the guy who do PCI latency patches just took it off - was active in some betas but gave bad and risky pci performance. Possible dedicated cool-progs, cpu-idle, vcool etc do a better job but he did just what you are about to do, wpcredit tweaks. I think it works if it works ;)

You can go back to year old VIA chipsets and find the very same debate about idle-cooling. Not much have changed Im afraid. Same pros and cons.

OP
S

Samoyed

I DL a few cooling tweaks and will experiment a bit.

One I already tried was called CPUIDLE. My system kept locking up. I removed it.

OP
S

Samoyed

All cooling tweak programs I applied failed because they caused lockups after a few seconds reason unknown. Bah!