• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Write-Protection Bios Flash Error? Other question too...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Docta_Z

Hey guys having a weird problem - perhaps you can help.

Every time I try to flash a D10 bios onto my NF7-S Revision 2+ (with colored IDEs) I get an error in awdflash that says something along the lines that there is a write protection flash error - it cannot be written. YET, when I try flashing any D23 or D24 bios onto it - it works perfectly and completes it.

What in the world?

Also: If my PC3700 OCZ EL Gold ram is getting errors at it's regular operating speed in memtest86 (233 fsb) - should I be increasing my chipset voltage? I've never done so in the past... only raised ram voltage.

Could this help maintain stability? Thanks.

OP
Docta_Z

Docta_Z

Actually - after reading OCZ's website - even they suggest I raise the chipset voltage to 1.7 before I attempt to OC ram.

Decent idea - could help.

:)

Any ideas on write protection issue?

oc_byagi

here you go:

pershoot said:
awdflash /tiny BIOSFILE.BIN (include other flags here) or awdflash BIOSFILE.BIN /f (include other flags here)

u may want to add the /Sb flag when you are flashing out of it (if u do) if u are locking up. this wont overwrite the bootblock, so in case u need to "blind" flash u can. then u can perform a full flash once your back up.

be very careful on d1.0.

I just used awdflash.exe BIOS.BIN /f and it worked before.

OP
Docta_Z

Docta_Z

awsome thanks!

Now I just need to work up the guts to flash a D10 bios onto my chip :)