• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF! 2.4ghz HT chip????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 2.53ES shows similar sandra info to his chip - 1.525v (even though it is 1.5v default) is this normal?

cpuinfo.jpg

HT can not be enabled on the cpu, by flashing the bios.
HT is disabled internally to the chip. just like for multipliers.

there's a thread about that story on OCAU, the concensus over there is that it is an ES chip.
it's possible your ES chip is HT enabled.

"HT can not be enabled on the cpu, by flashing the bios. HT is disabled internally to the chip. just like for multipliers"

but then how can u explain this

z.JPG

I see - I never made the quote, but it is now thought that all C1 stepping chips, and some Engineering Sample B0 stepping may have hyperthreading enabled. I have a C1 and a couple of ES chips but am still to test.
Welll done on the findings anyway....:D

did it occur to you that that might be a dual P4?
or an ES chip that has HT enabled.

when intel disables something, they tend to do it in a permanent way. ie. it can not be undone easily, and certainly not via a bios flash.

Yeh looktall thats a possibility, but look on the overclockers.com front page, it is a possibility that all C1's have HT, Im not sure though....either that or a lot of HT enabled ES chips are coming out of the woodwork - why then does my P4B-533E and 2.53ES or 2.50 C1 not show up as HT enabled....

Back