• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTH is up with Steam?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I went ahead and got the Crysis special this weekend since I'm probably the only person in the world that hasn't played it since the demo. The download starts at 3 MB and trickles off to 100-300k. It took hours to download Crysis. I'm on Warhead now and that is at 20% at 400 KB.

What's Crysis Wars? That wasn't mentioned in the special and it looks like I will have that to download too.

jaymz9350

whenever i've had problems with DL speeds I found launching the game speeds the download. If i just let the DL take it's course it would go slow and launching brought the speeds up to where they should be.

SeanBest

Check your settings as well. For some reason mine likes to change to a download locations like Atlanta or New York, I change to Washington, DC (which is much closer) restart Steam and my speeds go up by 2 - 3 times.

OP
Daddyjaxx

Daddyjaxx

Check your settings as well. For some reason mine likes to change to a download locations like Atlanta or New York, I change to Washington, DC (which is much closer) restart Steam and my speeds go up by 2 - 3 times.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it chose Atlanta and uh...I'm in Atlanta. :)

shadin

Probably something with the pipe in your area. I was downloading Dragon Age around the time you posted this yesterday at 1.5MB/sec. Or maybe I was just sucking up all your bandwidth. =X