• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WUHOO broke 500 mark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Yes Ive broke 500 WU mark now, average times going down rapidly too. :D
I really need to be crunching on all my rigs 24/7 but at the mo I have the P4 3.0ghz on 24/7 and the rest only on about 12 hours a day. The 1.8A isnt crunching SETI and I need another mobo for my 1600+
What do you all do about noise at nights? This is the reason my rigs at home dont crunch 24/7 - my girlfriend cant stand the noise of my fans! Space is an issue for me as well - I have no spare room to keep all PC's in and its too hot in the attic...
Im also gonna get my laptop crunching, and hopefully get round to putting seti on the Network of PC's I run, at least in the evenings. Thing is I dont want to do it before I sort out all of the other issues on the network first, I really have to make it a low priority to keep the boss happy!
Cheers people! Laters

setispy.jpg

KenCo

Congratulations on the milestone markodude! ;)

About the fan noise...you could always buy quieter fans/HSF's. The quiet ones don't cool as well as the top end air cooling solutions. But if noise is all that's keeping you from crunching 24/7 then it would be good to just buy quiet fans and accept a lower overclock or even none at all.

Good luck, you'll be in the 4 digit club before you know it! ;)

OP
markodude

markodude

Ta mate, I suppose thats an option, but even my rig with no Deltas etc in it is still too loud, its because they are all too near me at night, I may have to move to a bigger house!

OP
markodude

markodude

LMAO :D
Perhaps I will take some rigs into the server room at work - its got air con! Although I already have 2 DP servers and the laptop in there....

papounet

yeh, the noise is a problem

I am attempting watercooling or will be very soon I priomised.

For the time being, i sleep at my friend's place ;-)

racecar12

Congrats markodude!!!:cool: Half way to the four digit club. You got to go quiet and crunch. That will get you to 1K pretty quick:D

deez

congrats on the benchmark. You'll hit 1K before ya know it with that little farm you've got going.

To cut noise you can always try larger fans with fan adapters...they move more air with less noise. some people also put carpet padding or acoustic foam on the inside of their case.

My girlfirend used to hate the computer noise at night then I bought a noisy air purifier and started running it at night and after a couple of weeks the computers were running 24x7 and the air purifier was in the living room.