• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X 600 XT released...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iD10t

eewww.... the specs on that card are awful.
128bit memory and 6 pipes (4 rendering and 2 vertex shader)?
not worth it to get that card at all... definitely not worth $229.

Albuquerque

Don't let them confuse you, it's only four rendering pipes. So basically, we've got a clockbumpped 9600 for $230? Who's bright idea was that?

Leviathan41

Hmm. . .that is strange, and you are right, it doesn't seem like it would be a very good performer. Does anyone have any hard facts or benchmarks on it?

Docta_Z

I bet it's still the newer core and would probably still whoop a 9700.

Probably marginally faster then a 9800xt.

DexterPunk

Registered
since the X800's the 9800's have gone down a lot.. in Australia u can get a 9800pro for under $300.. that card is AU$388. doesnt seem worth it for now.

dreIU

Docta_Z said:
I bet it's still the newer core and would probably still whoop a 9700.

Probably marginally faster then a 9800xt.

Yeah, OK... let's see this card woop a card that has twice the memory bandwith and twice the pipelines... :rolleyes: get a clue kid.

ZachM

Kunaak said:
damn talk about slipping in under the radar.

It didn't slip in under Mr. Radar though! Zinger! :p Ok, enough of that.

David, you're right, but they are charging more than a 9800 Pro for the X600. It barely outperforms a 9600 XT! :bang head That's why everybody is bashing it.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

remember, thats a MSI card.
those cards are always way overpriced, usually cause they throw in so many things, like the latest games, so it wouldn't suprise me if you got far cry, and like 5 other games with it.

once a company like saphire or so release thiers, I am sure this card will probably drop to the $175 area.

DexterPunk

Registered
dreIU said:
Yeah, OK... let's see this card woop a card that has twice the memory bandwith and twice the pipelines... :rolleyes: get a clue kid.

dont underestimate the power of PCI-Express dude.. i was under the impression that is was able to send signals back and forth at the same time.. while AGP can only handle one direction at any one time. which could explain the reason for it performing similar to a card with twice the freq's.. perhaps its a similar effect to DDR.. i dont know i need to read up on it more.

JCLW

The X600s use the RV380 core.

The X600XT runs at 500/370 (slightly faster memory then a 9600XT) and the X600pro runs at 400/300 - exactly the same speed as a 9600pro.

Everything new is overpriced. If you want PCI-E right now you don't have many choices.