• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1300 + Theater 550, or AIW 2006 PCI-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rav

I need some opinions on this, I am building a new main non-gaming system to replace the one I have now, which currently has an AIW 9000 Pro. I watch TV exclusively on this PC and record shows often. I do video editing as well.

My new system is PCI-E, so here are my options:

For about $210 I can get an X1300 512MB and a PowerColor Theater 550 PCI-E tuner card.

For about $180 I can get the new AIW 2006 PCI-E (X1300, 256mb, Theater 200).

Should I stick with the simplicty of the AIW and its older theater 200 chip or go for a 2 card setup and get the features of the theater 550? The extra $30 isn't a big deal to me at this point, but I don't know alot about tuner add-in cards and specificaly the PowerColor card. Its very appealing with the 550, 16MB DDR onboard and PCI-E interface. I've been very happy with ATI and their MCC but I would be open to suggestions on other cards. Thanks.

-Rav