• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X58 Sabertooh 2 HDD's are missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thulsa Doom

bs.png

I can find all of my drives in bios or device manager but i cant find them in disk manager and they were all working like 3 days ago when i reinstalled my OS on my 128 gig os drive.. I've uninstalled all the IDE ATA controllers and rebooted etc.. any help would be grate i just want to use these drives for another few months and then upgrade my system.

Last edited:
Have they all been partitioned and are they of appropriate size for the operating system being used?

Digging back into my brain there is something to do with jumpers on the back of the HDD and the IDE cable used, however you'll need to consult a reference on that, its been 15 years! (IIRC there is a default/auto setting but that didn't always work right, and I think it's usually only for when two drives are on one cable, but can also be an issue if the short is used and long is default or vice versa).

Probably best to list full system specs including OS so we can have more info.

Have they all been partitioned and are they of appropriate size for the operating system being used?

Digging back into my brain there is something to do with jumpers on the back of the HDD and the IDE cable used, however you'll need to consult a reference on that, its been 15 years! (IIRC there is a default/auto setting but that didn't always work right, and I think it's usually only for when two drives are on one cable, but can also be an issue if the short is used and long is default or vice versa).

Probably best to list full system specs including OS so we can have more info.

I fixed it, this was a software raid but it came back once I update windows fully, i was shocked at that.. This board doesn't like to boot into windows with an actual raid array running if you know how to fix that on this sabertooh id love to get that working for the last few months of owning this board. Ive had this pc forever, since 2009 in its first iteration. I have been running a I7 920 @4.2gz since 2009, and i just recently stuck the x5680 in there in NOV and am running it at 4.4ghz. I want to just use this setup until the next inel drop..

oh in the pic above i mistook the HD size as my 2 wds are kinda short stroked to 890 gigs so i just saw 861 or whatever and thought that was my Raid drive.

windows 10

X5680
X58 SaberTooh
12gb corsair ballistix elite -id have to pull them to get the specs
EVGA Black Rtx 3070
Samsung ssds 128(OS)
Samsung ssd 256
WD 640gig x2
PSU Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF 750W

Last edited:
oh yah i am not rocking IDE cables or anything all my stuff is SATA, i still have some old ide hard drives on a shelf i am going ot half to mess with some day to get there info transferred to usb sticks

It may be a RAID driver issue with between the motherboard and Windows 10. If you are using the motherboard RAID the chipset may no longer be supported by Windows 10.

Back