• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Would be nice, but they would be effectivly killing their own product. I would think they would just make it a different revision of pro and discontinue the 12 pipe version. I dont think this will ever hit market.

Nightingale

I wonder if ati is going to scrape the pro line altogether due to the pipe modding. There have been rumors of a recall on certain pros within 2-6 weeks so maybe the GT is going to be there new pro? Anyhow I just hope this comes out so I can get the vivo pro and softmod it hehe.

Dc5e

wow... what is this? ati is throwing out all these cards with different names... we got what, the X800 XT PE, X800XT, X800 Pro, X800 Pro VIVO, X800 SE, X800 GT.... reminds me of the 9800SE name scheme...

Avg

Nandro said:
Now all we need is the x800 pro turbo, the SE-R, and the XT limited and we'll have just about everything covered.

and they would probably change the overdrive feature to nitrous oxide. :p

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
lol - x800nitro ;)
i dont think x800pro vivo owners will be p**sed tho, weve got xt-pe's for a fraction of the cost :D will have cost less than a still slower than xt GT card too. Also, surely a GT if it has 16pipes will become an even bigger threat to xt-pe sales??? as theyll be no pipemod failures or locked pipes forcing x800xt sales? theyll shoot themselves in the foot!!!!

Yuriman

You forget that the GT will be much slower clocked. You cant softmod ram rated for 400mhz to 500mhz, but you can softmod a 12 pipe core to 16.

Avg

I though that the X800pro's pipelines couldn't be open by softmodding.

Nightingale

the vivo version can be softmodded but not the regular pro. The regular pro is the one that you need to connect the two points on the core aka the hardmod.

[email protected]

I will hate ATi for all eternity if they do that.

What's the matter ATi? Can't make a good enough product so you have to talk **** about others' and then steal their ideas in angry come-backs like this?

I'm disgusted and I hope they go to hell! :mad:

micamica1217

AEsnowboarding said:
To counter the 6800GT in the AGP8x department, its susbtantially more powerfull than the pro (5.7GPixels X800Pro vs. 6.7Gpixels x800GT)

specs: based on the X800XT so 16 Pipes!
425Mhz for the clock and 900Mhz for the GDDR3

Linky: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20040716055607.html

what I find funnyer then ATI giving us the x800gt, is the fact that x-bit labs seem to start rumors like the inquirer now...
notice how on two trys, they didn't get any confirmatin that this will happen?

and everything memtioned is from a unknown China-based web-site...LMAO.

mica