• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 VIVO non-modable ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

Has anybody heard of any VIVO's that could not be successfully moded into the XT with a simple bios flash ?

Also, has anybody heard any rumors as to what ATI is doing to deal with this problem ?

I'm seriously thinking of trying to get a VIVO, but only if its a 99.9% sure thing that I will get one that can be moded with software.

Thanks guyz

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Have a read of my "softmod your x800pro to x800xt-pe" thread - all your answers are already in there

Docta_Z

ehh..

I'm fairly certain you cannot unlock the 4 extra pipes with any sort of softmodding.

Whether an x800 can be modded to x800xt seems to depend on the core stepping heavily.

Z YA LTR

Mine softmodded.... sorta. I have the powercolor x800 pro vivo and the bios flash unlock the extra pipes but my core cant do the 520. Highest is 505. But I did have the 1.6ns ram. I have the temp moitoring and everything.

--Josh

Docta_Z

I'd have to say I'd like to see proof of the softunlocking working, I know it reports it's unlocked but from what I've read performance doesn't change much...

Link me if I'm incorrect :)

Z YA LTR

Docta_Z said:
I'd have to say I'd like to see proof of the softunlocking working, I know it reports it's unlocked but from what I've read performance doesn't change much...

Link me if I'm incorrect :)

Well all I have is my 03 comparison link. Run your at my clocks and see what you get. I got 11244 stock and with just the pipemod and running stock clocks still I got 11922. Take it for what its worth. 501/591 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2793947

--Josh

Albuquerque

The extra pipelines don't seem to help games or scenarios where the card is texel (textured pixel) fillrate bound; the extra pipes DO help a lot when an app is pixel-shader limited such as Halo, FarCry, TR:AOD or the Mother Nature test in 3DM03. You might see a 3DM03 score as "only" being several hundred points higher and say that it's not conclusive proof. However, if you look at the mother nature scores, you'll see where the increased points came from...

A mother nature score that goes up by ~25% is a very clear indication that the pipeline unlock mod worked.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Yup my Powercooler x800pro unlocked the 4 extra pipes in my card when I did the bios update. It stated it has 12 before modding and went to 16 after the mod in the ATI-Tools.

Besides that mine runs stock at 520core/560mem without any other modification. Just time to see what I can crank it up to later today.

Albuquerque

I actually cancelled my XTPE order yesterday from CDW, and ordered a Sapphire X800Vivo from AllStarShop for $455 -- they had them in stock and ready to ship. Paid a few bucks more, but that doesn't bother me. I've already got a Maze4 block waiting for it when it arrives, which hopefully means I can hit XT+ speeds with it.

And if I cant, it'll get voltmodded :p

OBLIVIONLORD

deathman20: Is your powercooler at those speed using stock air cooling and how exactly did you do the bios change?