• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT-PE video-in??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Charloz24

I just want to know if there is an analog video-in on the x800 xt-pe...

Also what does VIVO do?

Thanks!

just about all XT PE models I have seen come with Vivo(video in/video out) so yes you can input analog video. You can hookup your s-video jack from a camera,vcr, or tv to it or you can try to get one of the composite to s-video converters so that you can hookup composite leads to the s-video input.

do the XT and Pro models have vivo? I saw a Pro model on Newegg without Vivo but, maybe thats a diffrent pro version.

If by chance the XT doesnt have Vivo and the XT-PE does and they both sell for $500 then why would you even consider buying the XT when you can get the added stuff with the PE? AM I missing something? According to Anandtech they have an XT that is at 500mhz core and an XT-PE thats 520mhz core. So they are infact diffrent cards.

Only if they say VIVO.

Does anyone know the pinout for the onboard VIVO connector? Is it SVideo or composite? It's only four pins so I'd guess composite.

Ive done some google searches and apparently there are Vivo versions as you said but I cant find any sites or places in America that sell them.

Some models of the Pro have vivo and some don't. The tell tale signs are they have the rage theater chip on the backside of the board(it says rage theatre on it), and they also have the extra yellow floppy connecter next to the molex.

Sorry, PEG = PCI-Express Graphics

The last roadmap I saw had the XT as a PCI-Express only part, the XT-PE as both PEG and AGP, and the Pro as AGP only.

^^^ they are releasing XT on AGp i would think - if not they would stand to lose out on alot of $$$$$$ as PCIe is not main stream enough - and it would give NVIDIA market power over the high end once the ultra arrives.

Also - i would think Asus will probably do a VIVIO as they did on the 9800XT

Any one have any word on the A-I-W x800's ?

the only difference between the XT and XT PE is the PE comes with some ATi bad and t-shirt as far as i know... ???

Last edited:
According to anandtech their XT is core clocked at 500mhz and their Xt-Pe is core clocked at 525mhz.

XT is 500/500 (2.0ns mem), XT-PE is 520/560 (1.6ns mem).

I agree, it would make sense to keep selling a cheaper 12 pipe card as well. I guess it's the old wait and see.

Back