• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oxide

Registered
I am wondering if my X800 Xt will fit in a asrock K7VT2 series motherboard, any users os this board have an idea. I tryed their tech support but it was crap :(

invisible hand

I don't know anything about that board but if it has an AGP slot then yes it will work. All newer boards have an AGP slot; this is the top slot above the pci slots.

stan03

methinks you need to overhaul your computer :p. your X800 will be bottlenecked by some of the older parts in that system.

russm

what are your system specs? before dropping $500 on a state of the art video card, anything else you need to bring up to date?

stan03

russm said:
what are your system specs? before dropping $500 on a state of the art video card, anything else you need to bring up to date?

from the way he said it, it seems he already has the card, but i agree he needs to update his components to see that card perform well.

OP
O

Oxide

Registered
The motherboard is about 1 year old, but if i need a new motherboard for this system, can i get some advice on a new motherboard? i have about $250-300 to spend. My rig has a 40gb hd, 512 ddr and a amd 2400+. the motherboard should be able to accept ecc buffered ram