• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800XT 3dmark problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ichelo351

hey all,
i just got a X800XT to try and keep my system going a little longer till i can upgrade it. the problem is that when i try to run 3dmark 03 or 06, it reboots before it finishes. In 03 it finishes wings of fury fine, and when it starts test 2 it blue screens and resets, and in 06 it gets most of the way through and just resets. i don't think it is heat related because i played ut2004 for about an hour after each test failed, then took the card out remounted the heat sink with fresh as5 and boot up, same issue. i have tried 8.4 and 8.3 with no difference between them.
Any help would be appreciated!
thanks!
-Ichelo

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Try turning the fan speed up and run the tests again, it could even be dust in the card intake. A good blow job would take care of that ;)

mepis

Try turning the fan speed up and run the tests again, it could even be dust in the card intake. A good blow job would take care of that ;)

Hah! you said blow job. Give that card everything you got!

Anyway another option would be the power supply Is your power supply tesing ok and do you have a big enough one to use it? UT2004 requires very little play it believe it or not (im playing it on a laptop with a Geforce6150). Just a possibility, and an excuse to reply to say BLOW JOB!

Edit: I noticed you live in PA. Where abouts in PA do you live?

OP
I

Ichelo351

Actually i found a fix for it, by going back to Cat 7.4 and 3dmark works fine. weird...
I was suspecting my psu but the only voltage that was low was the +12, which was at 11.85-11.90 which is within 1.2%.
I live in Hershey.

mepis

Funny I do too!:beer:

You live in Lancaster or just PA? Maybe for us the the Susquehanna valley we should start some kind of group to get together for lans and such. I dont know, just a thought or something. Would be cool to see other members on here and share the knowledge and fun locally.

OP
I

Ichelo351

yeah that would be cool, I actually have a lan scheduled for the end of may pm me if you want to come!