• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xaser III fan control, are these weak fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

I have a xaser 3, I have the temp monitor thing hooked up, I wired the fans to the 2nd control. all the case fans to that 1 control which it said was ok...

but I cant feel so much as a breeze out of them. they are spinning, but they are doing nearly nothing. furthermore, though its hard to tell precise fan speed I notice no difference between full speed and low speed on the knob. what am I missing?

orionlion82

i tried it myself... for a while, then split it back up again, i was just asking too much and it wouldnt go there- and they were slower...compare anything you do with the hardcano to hard-wired 12v and 5V a little bird told me that the 5 volt trick can be found with a search, if you so choose...fans are decent...

Shuzzy

the xaser 3 fans are very weak and cheap. i have an xaser and i got rid of all of them.

orionlion82

i would more say that the hardcano is week, especially if the fans are all on 1 circut, as in this situation here... though the fans arent ideal, theyre allright for stock hardware (not total trash)...typical X3 nonsene, nothing ever quite right...you run 80s or 90s? im thinkin about some hi-rpm 80's to save the need for the 90 (or 120) adaptations...really wouldnt mind the noise, but i would have to junk the hardcano...cant handle 7+ amps...

bchur83

I found out early that the fan controller and fans that came with my XaserIII were junk. About 2 weeks after I got the case, I ordered up some UV reactive fans from SVC to replace the stock ones. I only use the fan controller for the temp monitor, otherwise I unhooked all of the fan controller part. I found that when the controller was turned all the way up, you could only acheive full speed if you pressed in on the knob. The only problem was that you had to hold in th have full speed all the time.