• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox 360 aftermarket component cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

So I have tried 2 different sets of component cables for my 360 and both failed to work. One was a monster set and the other was a gigawire set. The gigawire set is a multi platform set and it worked on my wii.

My tv just says "not supported mode" I have tried different resolutions with no luck.

any ideas?

--pakk

Flurp

seems like a setting on your xbox may be wrong? you can adjust what format it sends out... RGB etc...

TheGreySpectre

I don't believe 1080p is supported via component I think you need a digital connection to support the HDCP encryption. Try setting your xbox to a lower setting and seeing if you can use it then.

OP
pak

pak

I tried all different resolutions with no luck. This is really puzzling me.

hajalie24

Most aftermarket cables for the 360 suck.

Try the real cable or an overpriced monster one. If your 360 has hdmi you can try using it to make sure it is the cable that is wrong and not the xbox.

OP
pak

pak

I got a set of S-video cables and they work. I have no idea what was going wrong with the component cables I had.

OP
pak

pak

I wanted another set to be able to move my xbox between two TV's more easily. Yes. I tried all 4 different TV's.