• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox could skyrocket if...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonwessel

they supported usb keyboard and mouse. yeah, here is what someone says when trying to shoot someone down in Full SPectrum Warrior whiling the person being attempted to shot down is bunny hoppying randomly in zig-zags!

"S***to far to the left, damn!!!! my crosshairs went above him"

In CS it's like BOOM UR ******* DEAD !!!!!!!!!

people would literally stand still and try to get the crosshair juss right so they can get a headshot. it would be (explitive) to the maxium

Watch the language, and other words I've edited. Profanity and derogatory comments like these don't fly here.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

AC Slater

Have you ever seen people play Halo on the Xbox? There are some guys that are freakin amazing with the controller. Also in Unreal Championship it's pretty much the same thing, even I can play that game and I'm not very good with the controller. It isn't people just standing there attempting to aim the cross hairs perfectly. Once you get used to the controller you can do pretty well, not as good as a mouse and keyboard, but still it's not bad at all.

9mmCensor

Disabled
This is why playing games on an actually computer (not some console wannbe) is better. I have no problem snappin' off headshots, but when I play games on my friends PS2, its so hard to hit them, let alone get a headshot, especially with a sniper rifle.

Xymurgy

You will never get the accuracy and precision on a controller. It's like playing an FPS on computer with a joystick. Sure, you can learn to be really well with it, but a mouse & keyboard are far superior.

seamadan000

this may be true, but playing sports games with a keyboard and mouse sucks too. That and I have more fun playing with four of my friends on a couch together on a bigscreen than over some lan or internet. For me consoles are for gaming with your buds and having a good time, and there is something about everyone playing on the same screen a foot away from each other that a PC just can't replicate, so they both have their places.

Now excuse me, I am going to play NBA 2004 on my xbox :)

organ_donor

Registered
def agree with seamandan with this one my friends have ps2s and we just use them to have fun, everygame is soo much better with a controller theres just those couple shooter games that kinda suck, but just practise and ur get a whole lot better, i got amazing at socom just in one night

Sony

Senior Lighting Designer
You can get a Game controller for a PC but you can't get a keyboard and mouse for the XBox. (You can for the PS2 :D:D)

OC Noob

jonwessel said:
they supported usb keyboard and mouse. yeah, here is what someone says when trying to shoot someone down in Full SPectrum Warrior whiling the person being attempted to shot down is bunny hoppying randomly in zig-zags!

"S***to far to the left, damn!!!! my crosshairs went above him"

In CS it's like BOOM UR ******* DEAD !!!!!!!!!

people would literally stand still and try to get the crosshair juss right so they can get a headshot. it would be (explitive) to the maxium

Yeah, just like the Dreamcast and we all know how well that took off:D

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
This is why playing games on an actually computer (not some console wannbe) is better.

No, it isn't.

It's all a matter of perspective.

To you, a person who has played a game with a mouse and keyboard for most of his life, going to a controller would be absolute hell.

But, I started playing Halo with a controller... and now I'm so in synch with how it reacts to whatever I do, I can run around in that game as if I really were using a mouse and keyboard. Problem is, because I'm so used to using a controller, a mouse and keyboard setup presents a problem.

Seriously. Go play Halo (or whatever your favorite FPS console game is) for a few months and don't touch a keyboard and mouse for a while. It'll feel weird at first, but you'll get used to it and learn how to adapt.

The rest of us have.

Blotty

I think the "Glory Days" of x box are behind it. Sure it may be bullet proof, or have HALO (oooooo), but seriously. The x box is going down hill.

gravitywell

I'm still damned happy with my Super Nintendo. I don't see a reason to upgrade to an overrated costly Xbox with a crap-selection of games. Although, if you're like the average retial customer and have to have the best, I can find your nose glued to the Xbox case...because you dont know any better. Then of course, when you see me looking at you oddly, you feel the need to strike up a conversation and just rave about your hulking black and green box and rave about your amazing selection of games (three football games! w00t) and how your graphics beat the pants off of everything else (because we know the ps2 and gamecube are horrible looking and near Commadore64 graphics quality)....

Sorry...Its the Christmas season, and I'm sick of rednecks wasting my time by raving about something they already own...and aren't buying anything...

Again...sorry :)

kiltz

being able to "backup" :cool: and use the xbox for other things than gaming was the reason i bought mine =)

El-Scotto

Flaming is not a good thing. Please don't post like this in future. I don't want to have to repeat my self....

Mr B
Forums Moderator

Falcon-K

you better rephrase that, flaming is not allowed in any form on this forum adn clearly calling someone *that* is a violation of the rules.

I appreciate the heads up, but please don't quote the offending post from now on...thanks.

B.