• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox - will this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

visitkans

One of my friend is coming down to the UK for Xmas, so will an Xbox bought in the US work fine in the UK? and games purchased, he might bring a game or 2 but after that i would have to get games in the UK, so would this be a problem, anything specific i need to consider?

One of my friend is coming down to the UK for Xmas, so will an Xbox bought in the US work fine in the UK? and games purchased, he might bring a game or 2 but after that i would have to get games in the UK, so would this be a problem, anything specific i need to consider?

Yes it will work however...

• You will need a UK power adapter... US uses 2pins whereas UK uses 3 and they both run on different voltages.
  • You will need a TV that supports NTSC input (all HDTV's will work)
  • Only some games will work from the UK... the region free ones.

You can find a list of region free games here ::

Code:
[url]http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games[/url]

If it has a green box under PAL then it WILL work.

Hope this helps

J-O_S-H

Honestly I'd just give him a gift certificate or something and tell him to get a xbox or buy one online and have it shipped there...

Back