• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XCLIO Windtunnel lights

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Springbok

I wouldn't count on it, blue LEDs are super bright and typically don't have on-off switches, you could cut the wires if they were preventing you from sleeping...

OP
D

deed

I wouldn't count on it, blue LEDs are super bright and typically don't have on-off switches, you could cut the wires if they were preventing you from sleeping...

Id rather not cut them lol, Would there be anything I could use to cover them but still allow airflow?

JonSimonzi

Your best bet wouldn't be to cover them with anything. Installing a a toggle switch would be extremely cheap and easy to do, and that way you'd be able to turn them off and on at your leisure.

OP
D

deed

Your best bet wouldn't be to cover them with anything. Installing a a toggle switch would be extremely cheap and easy to do, and that way you'd be able to turn them off and on at your leisure.

You can really do that? Got a guide or link on it? I didnt think fans that had lights inside of them + leds didnt have the ability to do it unless designed so.

Springbok

I've only been able to do it on a couple fans, I meant the front/side blue LEDs on the XCLIO, you might get lucky and be able to do it on those big fans. I cut my wires with an xacto knife.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Generally LEDs on the fan are hard wired to power on when the fan is running. You could either build a switch to turn off fan or unplug the fan to turn the lights out. You could also try a filter mask to cover the fan and still let the air flow.

JonSimonzi

You can really do that? Got a guide or link on it? I didnt think fans that had lights inside of them + leds didnt have the ability to do it unless designed so.

The lights in the fan's probably not. I clicked on the Newegg link to get a quick glance at the case and saw those two LED's in front of the fans, thought that's what you were talking about. Those could be done easy, as someone else said, LED's built into fans not so much most of the time...

OP
D

deed

The lights in the fan's probably not. I clicked on the Newegg link to get a quick glance at the case and saw those two LED's in front of the fans, thought that's what you were talking about. Those could be done easy, as someone else said, LED's built into fans not so much most of the time...

Generally LEDs on the fan are hard wired to power on when the fan is running. You could either build a switch to turn off fan or unplug the fan to turn the lights out. You could also try a filter mask to cover the fan and still let the air flow.

Thanks guys..... Ill get a filter mask for the fan and ill get a switch for the other leds. Then ill also have to modify the temp reader to read a few degrees higher then it really is * ill have to do some research* I like a bit of a safty net for my temps.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
There does appear to be buttons on the front of the first two pics...maybe go to a review site and see for sure, but looks like it.

Dont raise your temps man to 'compensate' for anything...its the CASE temperature for Pete's sake! :)

OP
D

deed

There does appear to be buttons on the front of the first two pics...maybe go to a review site and see for sure, but looks like it.

Dont raise your temps man to 'compensate' for anything...its the CASE temperature for Pete's sake! :)

1:According to xclio the buttons turn the lights and FANS off also.

2:And I will be rewiring it to show my gpu temps lol.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
How are you going to do that and be more accurate than the software with a sensor precisely where it needs to be?

I mean, do it, but you are so worried about temps Im not sure I understand how this is going to help when its likely to be many times more inaccurate than the sensor...

OP
D

deed

How are you going to do that and be more accurate than the software with a sensor precisely where it needs to be?

I mean, do it, but you are so worried about temps Im not sure I understand how this is going to help when its likely to be many times more inaccurate than the sensor...

I'm not really worried about the temps but its more of a habit to try to add a few extra degrees to everything on gpu settings :/

It saved my butt a few times on my old case from another company.. The temps where about 7c off actualy lol.

OP
D

deed

Last thing.... what wire would I get if I wanted 2 add 2 more fans but did not have enough power slots for the fans? My other computer came with enough for around 10 fans so i have never had much of a need for them.