• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 6800GS w/ NV Silencer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GML3G0

Does anybody have the XFX 6800GS and the NV Silencer?

Look at this. The XFX version has it but the eVGA one doesn't. Looks like it might interfere with the Silencer. What do you think?

14150118029qr.jpg

The XFX comes slightly overclocked and includes Far Cry (which I want :( ). Also, is there a performance boost with the new nVidia drivers and an A64 X2 with this card?

Careface

well since no one is replying, i may as well give my opinion. i would buy the silencer, and if it doesnt fit, just bend/cut off the piece of metal thats blocking the way. Im unfamilar with warrenties in america, but just about anywhere here in NZ, if you take off the stock HSF, you void the warrenty anyway, so you may as well try it. Taking a quick look on google, i cant find any pics of the XFX 68gs with a silencer on it..upto you i guess :) good luck with whatever it is you decide to do

Careface*

Careface

but it looks like hes buying this card for far cry lol :p perhaps you could just get the eVGA one, and find a deal on far cry or something? maybe buy it off a mate who doesnt want it anymore? lol

Careface*

OP
G

GML3G0

Yea, I think I'll just go with the eVGA. Besides, their warranty is better, and I think it allows for the use of aftermarket cooling provided that there is no physical damage to the card.