• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMP and Lag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowCat66

I would like to try and figure out what I've changed or havent changed on my systems to get such a high lag.If I'm lucky i get 12XX or else its even higher yet.I thought maybe I was just soo far away from a server,so I set it up to run as a dedicated server on another system I have.no luck,very high pings for me,even on a lan connection.Then I thought ok,bad cable,loose connection,ect.Cant find anything wrong.My UT2003 server I set up get's in the teens for a ping and my buddies in the area all get in the 60's. I run XP Pro on my systems-updated,I have a cable connection(buisness class),I use a D-Link Router Model DI-804HV,and also a D-Link switch DES-1024D.

I have been working on this all day and my head is spinning,any ideas would be most welcome!

I have no problem with it, hmmm, did you try a reinstall, maybe some settings somewhere, did you try shutting everythin else down? like firewall?

You said you have 2 computers, did you try to switch and see which lagged or both of them?

Thanks New_Novice
Ok,I tried the reinstall,shutting down the firewall,reworking my network by plugging in computers from the switch to the router to see if it has any affect.None so far.I just cant understand why its just seems to be this game alone.Or why I cant even join in on a lan game from my house without pings in the 900 range.This one really has me stumped.I'm sure its something I did but for the life of me I cant crack this one.If I remember right, I had the same pings when trying to play Wolfenstein,but I really didnt want to play it online so I think I just gave up quickly.

Again,any new ideas no matter how remote,please post.I'm sure the answer is simple,I just dont see it.

Back