• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS3200LL vs. HyperX3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snowwie

Both are rated at the same SPD timings - 2-2-2-6

but HyperX is much cheaper
for 256MB sticks, $57 for hyperx and $79 for XMS LL

for that matter, what about PC3500?
both are rated at same SPD times as well - 2-3-3-7
and their prices are $66 and $74, respectively
these are googlegear prices

but the 3500 seem to be essentially the same as 3200 with more relaxed timings (I would go with whatever's cheaper)

of course my gut says to go with the corsair, but the hyperx is so much cheaper. Would I regret getting the hyperx at all? I can safely speculate that I would probably have better success with the corsair, but how much better?

seems that XMS3500 seems the better deal of corsair
and hyperx 3200 seems better deal with kingston
maybe I'll just go with the buffalo tech. BH-5 sticks
anyone know what chips the hyperx uses?

I'm looking for the best value, and corsair is letting me down in that department

of course not too long ago I spent almost 200 bucks for a 512MB stick of XMS3200C2, so who am I to talk?

the hammer

snowwie said:
Both are rated at the same SPD timings - 2-2-2-6

but HyperX is much cheaper
for 256MB sticks, $57 for hyperx and $79 for XMS LL

for that matter, what about PC3500?
both are rated at same SPD times as well - 2-3-3-7
and their prices are $66 and $74, respectively
these are googlegear prices

but the 3500 seem to be essentially the same as 3200 with more relaxed timings (I would go with whatever's cheaper)

of course my gut says to go with the corsair, but the hyperx is so much cheaper. Would I regret getting the hyperx at all? I can safely speculate that I would probably have better success with the corsair, but how much better?

seems that XMS3500 seems the better deal of corsair
and hyperx 3200 seems better deal with kingston
maybe I'll just go with the buffalo tech. BH-5 sticks
anyone know what chips the hyperx uses?

I'm looking for the best value, and corsair is letting me down in that department

of course not too long ago I spent almost 200 bucks for a 512MB stick of XMS3200C2, so who am I to talk?

You should check this deal out on Twinmoss ram: http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206235

I got my Twinmoss from him and the prices are good with NO shipping charge.

Hammer