• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-120 release date?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bios24

Last I heard it was suppose to hit shelves in the next week or 2. Even though the SP94 is good, I'd definitly wait for this one. Now which motherboard it'll fit is going to be interesting.

Lat

actually, aluminum is better at dissapating heat

the base + heatpipe of the xp-120 are supposedly copper, so this is the best combo
they're just coated with nickel (although it woulda been better if they didn't)

fragger56

LAt copper is allways better... as it has higher thermal conductivity tahn aluminium, heat transfer to air is not affected in any way by the material taht heats air only the supply of heat could be affected. so for example with alu teh heat gets to teh surface of the metal slower and therefore results in slower heat transfer to air. the only way i could see the alu working better for dissapation would be if it actually attracted or repelled air molecules and taht jsut dont happen...

OP
CircuitBreaker8

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
fragger56 said:
LAt copper is allways better... as it has higher thermal conductivity tahn aluminium, heat transfer to air is not affected in any way by the material taht heats air only the supply of heat could be affected. so for example with alu teh heat gets to teh surface of the metal slower and therefore results in slower heat transfer to air. the only way i could see the alu working better for dissapation would be if it actually attracted or repelled air molecules and taht jsut dont happen...

100% True, but aluminum will always be better for passive cooling

Quattro

Is there anyway to get this to clip onto the ziff socket?
Because my motherboard doesn't have the 4 mounting holes