• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1800 bridges Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Softgod

Disabled
I have a Tyan 2460 and two XP 1600+'s. I am wanting to use a conductive pen and make them 1800+'s. The mobo does not have voltage adjustment so I will have to get the right ones. Can someone tell me what bridges to connect. If you have an 1800 or 1900 please let me know. A scan of one would be great. Please send it to [email protected].

I ahve used the soft FSB software and they run stable at a true 1600 MHZ with no additional voltage.

Thanks

OP
S

Softgod

Disabled
Actually, I have been looking on thw web and I think that they are all cut, one the L1 that is. Is what I am trying to do even possible?

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
bridges

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html

There you can see the differences in bridges between different models. It looks like you'll need to cut one L3 and 2 L4 bridges, then connect one L3 and 2 L4 bridges. Cutting birdges requires incredible precision. You'd be better off selling the 1600's and buying 1800's. Are you sure your motherboard doesn't allow for multiplyer adjustment either by jumper or in the bios? If you can select multiplyers, then all that's needed is to connect all 5 L1 bridges, no cutting at all.