• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Loading Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcttexas

Has anyone experenced this? When I start the computer, everything post's fine. Then I get the black windows XP screen, with the green bar. It just stays on that screen, I never get into windows. If I boot into safe mode, no problem. But no other way.

Disputant

You tried updating your video drivers, sound drivers, nic card, and your bios? Maybe it is hanging up on a device that XP doesn't like, since it is booting into safe mode.

OP
Rcttexas

Rcttexas

I figured out that it is my SM card reader. When it is unplugged, no problems. I can plug it in while windows is up and it work fine. It just wont boot when its plugged in. Now I get the hardware wizzard when windows starts. It says that it found a new printer. The printer is already installed, and I get the message even when the printer is off and unplugged. Who knows. Do you think a windows repair would help?

CaptBill

Be careful of the Service Pack 1 that is out. After installing it kept restarting right after the select screen name because of a driver conflict.