• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-Pro Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HammerHeadHank

Registered
Hi, I have XP-Pro installed on my computer,and I have a question on a problem I encountered when I preformed a repair install.
When I did the repair install I had IE 7 as my browser. At the time I didn't know that I had to uninstall it and put IE 6
or earlier on before I did the repair, so here is my question : Is there a way to fix my IE 7 problem ?
It is corrupt and now and I can't reinstall it because I receive an error message stating that that I have a previous version
installed ? I can not browse the web . The web page pops up blank then disappears.I tried to uninstall IE 7 via the add and remove programs
But have had no success.Is there a way I can fix my problem ? Thanks, HammerHeadHank

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Try add/remove windows components maybe? It's been so long since I've used IE I'm kind-of out of it. Perhaps try downloading and installing IE8?

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Follow the instructions in this MSKB article for uninstalling IE7...

How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of Internet Explorer is installed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964

... under the 'More Information' section. The uninstall instructions are specific as to whether you have SP2 or SP3 installed or not.