• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro wont read my friggin compact flash card in my digi cam!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

when I plug the camera in it recognizes it as an HP digital camera. I go into my computer and click the drive (F) and it says the disk isn't formatted. So I had to format it (which made me mad b/c I lost quite a bit of pictures. I took some more pics with the camera and hooked it up to my PC again, it still says it cannot read the damn thing and it must be formatted!!!

Jirnsum

Didn't you get software from HP to go along with it?

I myself have a Samsung Digimax camera. It came with a CD-ROM with software that allows you to download all of the files on the camera at once, and a TWAIN driver, to import pictures directly into Photoshop, Paintshop, etc. I cannot see my camera as an extra "drive" in explorer though.

Maybe the HP site has an updated driver?

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
I have a HP 315 camera. If I use a memory card bigger than 32MB it wont work in 2000 or XP. I had to buy a flash card reader. There is info on HP's support site about it.