• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP SP1 Activation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palee72

Thats the main reason I won't go to XP. I think it is dumb that everytime I want to re-install my OS, I basiclly have to call Microshaft to get permission and tell them why I need a new key.

Thats why I'll stick with 98 or 2k... or maybe I'll jump over to Linux..

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
palee72 said:
Thats the main reason I won't go to XP. I think it is dumb that everytime I want to re-install my OS, I basiclly have to call Microshaft to get permission and tell them why I need a new key.

Thats why I'll stick with 98 or 2k... or maybe I'll jump over to Linux..

i too find it ridiculous that we have to get that special key from microsoft... that is the only thing that i don't like about xp. plus, you could fool those xp techs if you really wanted to. i mean they give out those numbers all the time, so what is stopping anybody from just telling them they need to reinstall their os when they are actually installing xp on a second computer... oh well... i can live with it for the extras i like in xp. that's just the price i am willing to pay for a nice os...

Vovan

I am starting really to HATE Microsoft, read this:
Additional grace periods for hardware out-of-tolerance situations
Users will have up to 3 days
:bang head to re-activate Windows XP after making a hardware change that triggers the need to re-activate.
Previously, users were required to re-activate immediately upon the next boot after the hardware changes were made.

1. They name all of us USERS! It is enough for a revolution.
2. They set up rules for us!

Ive bough 3 official licensed (but) copies XP Home, and I have payed em for this! And after becoming our $s, they tell us what we should do!! :mad: :mad: :mad: