• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp1600 @ 1600mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I've bumped my fsb up to 150 and its been stable for awhile, ran some burn in tests in SANDRA and played some games...CPU idle temp is 39-40c and load is 44-45c...I have a coolermaster 23cfm fan and heatsink...Will this stay stable?

Adamu

One of the best ways to determine if your system is stable is to download Prime95 and run a torture test on it (I think this is their webpage but it's down right now). This will make your computer preform some very complex math problems and then verify the answers against known results. It will also heat your cpu up more than Sandra. When you first start the torture test you may want to wiggle the mouse around every once in a while to make sure your system hasn't locked up (usually caused by heat or not having enough voltage in my experience).

Some people like to leave the program running for as long as 48 hour to verify stability, but just running it overnight is usually good enough for me.

maxima88

Prime95 is the best proggy to test for stability. 12 hours is usually
enough but if it runs for 48hours, then you know your system is almost 100 stable. Use Memtest86 to test your RAM.