• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp1600 got better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DRaZZ

just hit 1768mhz, had to drop fsb to 150 from 155 but still experimenting, soon to be getting a pelt, as i wanna get 1900 - 2000mhz
any ideas what mite be causin instabilities with the fsb ? not the ram as that ran fine up to 158mhz, been told mite be the harddrive but that was fine too.
temps r at 47idle, 50 load, little high but like i said soon to pelt.
:D

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

hehe, yeah im happy cuz this is the standard heatsink and its ****e, so to hit what i have im quite pleased with :D im gettin leadtek ti4200 128mb, on monday, and also a pelt for the cpu, cant wait to post some 3dmark results :D

fireburster

I can get more from my 1600 aroia 0213 y but i still ave problems.

I cant get anything over 185 fsb stable. Right now im at 10x185. I can boot at 9.5x193, 11x172,10.5x182 but nothing over 185 fsb is stable with prime95. I have my corsair pc3000 set to the fastest times but some reason my msi kt3 ultra 2 stops 1 cmd after 178 fsb. I stoped using onboard sound and that didnt help me either. I can only give it 1.85vcore but I can run 10x 185 at 1.80 vcore so I dont think its the chip or board. This is good ram though, so I have no idea where to go from here.

plague

I'd be careful doin what you're doing using the stock HSF. I dont know if that board reads the internal diode, but if it doesn't, that cpu is probably a lot hotter than that.

You said you're getting a pelt, what are you going to cool the pelt with?

Good luck though - that's a nice chip, it just needs to be cooled down a lot more.

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

i will get a high end heatsink for the pelt, toying with the idea of water, i have a seperate thermometer that was used to take temps mate, its been rock stable now for hours, but obv i want temps down a hell of alot to hit 2000mhz ! thats my target anyway :D

fireburster

My temps? I run about 31 at idle and 38 at load. I have a volcano fan on this ax-7 with modded to 7v. Its load but cools.

plague

DRaZZ said:
i will get a high end heatsink for the pelt, toying with the idea of water, i have a seperate thermometer that was used to take temps mate, its been rock stable now for hours, but obv i want temps down a hell of alot to hit 2000mhz ! thats my target anyway :D
I would definitely get water, to cool a pelt on a 100 watt processor, you'll need a very good heatsink, and a LOUD fan. Water will be much quieter and more effective. Keep us posted, and good luck on hittin the big 2.0:cool: