• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp1700+ $45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends. Whats the other letters after 0312? Also, all of you that got a jiuhb recently, what day did you order?

Ordered mine fri

Letters after 0312 are vpmw. Would this dut3c b a type "A" or a type "B" Its been a while (couple months) since I bought a new cpu so I'm a bit out of touch with the steppings. I just had to buy this @ 42 bucks.

Tismedt said:
Ordered mine fri

Letters after 0312 are vpmw. Would this dut3c b a type "A" or a type "B" Its been a while (couple months) since I bought a new cpu so I'm a bit out of touch with the steppings. I just had to buy this @ 42 bucks.

its a B, do a seach and you'll find a nice thread someone started on how to tell, and what all the #'s and letters mean, or there is always google!

oh, btw, i ordered 5 of these guys when they were 50 shipped a week ago, and they are all tbred-b's, dut3c's

Tru2ya said:
Nobody has been reporting A's since mothers day. I wonder If they finally got rid of them.

That could be the case. I know I'm happy about it or at least I should be from what I have read.

Is there that big of a differnce between the A and B chips?

just got mine:

DU3TC 0312 XPMW

So far its doing nicely at 2.26ghz 1.8v on prime 95 for the past two hours ( I would go higher but my motherboard's volt tops out there :/ )

the best $42 I've spent in a long time.

-efini

efini said:
just got mine:

DU3TC 0312 XPMW

So far its doing nicely at 2.26ghz 1.8v on prime 95 for the past two hours ( I would go higher but my motherboard's volt tops out there :/ )

the best $42 I've spent in a long time.

-efini

I take it thats your air cooled rig? What temps you got on that btw?

The_Jizzler said:
its the dlt3c stepping thats the hot stuff right now.

Someone have a link to a thread or website that shows what the "best" stepping for AMD chips are... rather than fumbling about several hundred search results...someone has a shortcut wqould be nice

It will be close. :D

I just read these are Tbred B's, that's crazy, I want one so bad. :D

the two best non barton steppings are aiuhb and jiuhb, on the 1700s you also want to look at the dut or dlt. the u denotes a 1.6 core voltage and the L denotes 1.5 core voltage. the 1.5s are the super chips people are paying 70+ dollars for at excaliberpc. most all of the jiuhb and aiuhb chips will do 2ghz with 1.7vcore or less. after that its hit and miss with the 1700s, some will do 2.5 on air and others will do 2.1 on air... my 2100 does 2200mhz at 1.65vcore with a volcano 7+ on air

I was going to get an xpmw/wpmw from excalibur for $70, but after see that most of you guys are getting realy good stepping codes i am going to buy one from newegg. I will probably also pick up an nf7 and 2x256mb twinmos 3200(bh5 chips). This should be a nice backup to my pelt cooled p4p800 with 2.4c chip.

Last week I ordered and I got a WPMW 0312 that hits 2.2GHz using an old Alpha PEP66 heatsink. GREAT DEAL! Go get one.

Got one 5 weeks ago that was an Auiga got one two weeks ago that was a Jiuhb.

Back