• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1800 with volcano 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

has anyone used this combo and if you have what have you acheived, im just gettin a benchmark so i know what i can get to 'safely'.

ive lapped my V7 and ill probably be using AS3, oh and ive put an extra fan chassis on top of the hsf and then my fan.

cheers in advance:D

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

forgot some stuff... my ambient temps are around 20-22c, and my board is an abit KX7-333, ive got some 2700 memory(dont know what it is)

what do you reckon i could get outof an XP1800 with my stuff?

malon

I had this combo time ago and I just could get 1.65 ghz locked (AGOGA Y ) :( , sorry but for me volcano 7 is crap sometimes the cpu got 60C, so i sold both.

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

I know its not great, ive had it a while, actually ive had two of them, but i bust my other one, im going into water cooling soon though, its just a temporary thing

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
XP and V7 non-plus

I got about 1667 out of mine with the side panel off, but the chip can do 1900 with enough voltage and low temps. If its really cold in the room, you can do well, maybe around 1766. Also it helps to modify the Volcano 7 fan to run at full speed.

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

dont forget, ive used an extra chassis and its supposed to do it some good, someone did it with a quiet fan on theirs and lost around 4-5C, ill see if i can find the post

malon

well with WC and unlocking your cpu maybe you will be able to get 1800 mhz (10x180) not bad ;)

james.miller

here we go. got my xp1800 (o/ced to 1664) to 37c idle, 41c full load with a 92mm fan. chips could probably do much better but my mobo is holding me back.

check my sig for what im getting now (with no case fans)

volcano 7 is definatly not as bad as everybody says

OP
Cheesy Peas

Cheesy Peas

i think ur the one(james.miller) that told me about making a sortof shroud outof another fan chassis... what did you temps drop by, and thanx for the idea;):D