• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2000+ AGOIA questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Computer Ninja

Registered
I just bought an XP2000+ AGOIA today to replace my Athlon 1.4-C.

I have an Abit KG7-RAID board with a fairly decent water cooling setup going on. I have a DangerDen Maze2 water block and one of those res/pump combos working with a heater core that has a shroud and a 120mm fan sucking air THROUGH the core.

I have had good luck with the 1.4-C as far as overclocking once upon a time. I took it as high as 10x168 to 1680 and was stable for a while at 10x163. This was with ONE Crucial PC2100 DIMM with ThermalTake ram heat sinks and a heat spreader on it. I had the core voltage up fairly high, with a voltage mod, too. I also had the ram's voltage up to 3V.

Now, my question is this? Without any voltage mods, and keeping the ram at 3v and the CPU at 1.85, shouldn't I be able to do better than 12.5 (13 in the BIOS) x 145? I even tried with just one of my two 256MB DIMMS, and no luck.

I thought XPs overclocked a bit easier???

Am I just doomed in having this KG7 board? Do I need to get a board that will let me do 5:2:1 on the divisors so that I can unlock my CPU, snag some Corsair PC2700 XMS memory and then be off to the races?

Looking for advice, thanks.

Bon3thugz43v3r

I got the same stuff as you except im on air. I unlocked and ran my 2000+ AGOIA at 11 x 164. I use 1 stick of crucial 512 with heatspreaders. You cant go any higher than 145 on 12.5 multiplyer because the operating system wont allow it.:mad:

Bon3thugz43v3r

2000 and XP will give you a bluescreen about a memory dump or your computer going to fast ( the most stupid error i have ever seen) and you cant get into your operating system. Unlock your chip then u can get more than 145 fsb when running on a diff. multiplyer than 12.5:beer:

jlin453

raising the fsb on my 12.5 multipliar was hellish. I could barely go above 140 without stuff crashing(ie: /windows/system is corrupt or missing....had to spend 25 minutes to restore to an older point)

Now that I unlocked and lowered to 11 or 11.5, fsb's can go a lot higher.

OP
Computer Ninja

Computer Ninja

Registered
Y R U only running it at 1.76 with that good memory of yours? I'm at 12.5x143 at the moment. I need to unlock it. Can I get the stuff I need to unlock it at Radio Shack?

jlin453

Computer Ninja said:
Y R U only running it at 1.76 with that good memory of yours? I'm at 12.5x143 at the moment. I need to unlock it. Can I get the stuff I need to unlock it at Radio Shack?

I messed up on the unlocking process so right now, I'm stuck at 11.5

I baught a rearwindow-defogger kit at autozone. Works really good.

jlin453

Computer Ninja said:
Okay... the rear window defogger kit has the proper conductive pen sort of thing you need?

The rear window defogger kit has conductive paint, not a conductive pen. You'll have to use tape to shield each bridge off, etc.

Toysrme

Ughhhh I have 2 256m sticks of original batch of Crucial 2100 DDR.
KG7 & a 2000+
If you're having trouble booting into Windows XP and getting blue screens at "rediculously" low FSB (140 or less) and a CPU that you know will run faster.

Then stop using NTFS and go back to Fat32. My HD never would finish loading windows past 135/140 with NTSF. 150 is no problem with it on Fat32. Try that if that's your problem.

I only say that because I think AGOIA chips have at least descent chance of hitting higher than 1850 with good cooling.

-Toysrme

jlin453

Toysrme said:
Ughhhh I have 2 256m sticks of original batch of Crucial 2100 DDR.
KG7 & a 2000+
If you're having trouble booting into Windows XP and getting blue screens at "rediculously" low FSB (140 or less) and a CPU that you know will run faster.

Then stop using NTFS and go back to Fat32. My HD never would finish loading windows past 135/140 with NTSF. 150 is no problem with it on Fat32. Try that if that's your problem.

I only say that because I think AGOIA chips have at least descent chance of hitting higher than 1850 with good cooling.

-Toysrme

Why would fat32 allow for higher fsb? Englighten me :)

Toysrme

I forget the reasons why, sorry. Do a serach on it. There are quite a few trade offs to both sides. Read up on that too.

-Toysrme