• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2100 @ 1.95GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

My friend just recieved his XP2100 processor today and its running 100% solid @ 1950MHz and the processor is locked with the 13X multiplier! All he did was raise the FSB to 150 (300MHz) and the voltage @ 1.85V.

So, his XP2100 is running rock solid at 1.95GHz, not bad!!

Remember, this is air cooled, his max temp using the Thermalright SK-6 is 49C at 1950MHz 1.85V.

EDIT: UPDATE!: We got a 152MHz (304MHz BUS) working which means the CPU is running at 1976MHz. Ok, the computer would run 99% fine but only now Prime95 Torture reports an error when we try to go past 1.95GHz. Unfortuneatly, he does not want to modify his motherboard to get a higher voltage than 1.85V so it looks like 1950MHz is the highest for his processor.

Man, I bet with 1.900V, he could hit 2GHz.

AXIA

Last edited:

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
AXIA said:
My friend just recieved his XP2100 processor today and its running 100% solid @ 1950MHz and the processor is locked with the 13X multiplier! All he did was raise the FSB to 150 (300MHz) and the voltage @ 1.85V.

So, his XP2100 is running rock solid at 1.95GHz, not bad!!

Remember, this is air cooled, his max temp using the Thermalright SK-6 is 49C at 1950MHz 1.85V.

AXIA

you wouldn't happen to know if there are any reviews on these things yet would you? i think it would be a very interesting read and plus i am collecting some info for a possible second rig.

AKDUDE

WOW! I bet that thing would make a great space heater!

The AGOIA stepping really seems to be a good one..
now only if I could find a 1500 XP with that stepping...

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Can you please post bench marks from sandra ???

Curious how it does against a 2.2 intell chip

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
diehrd said:
Can you please post bench marks from sandra ???

Curious how it does against a 2.2 intell chip

Take a look here in the AMD forum. I posted several links on it. Toms appears to maybe be changing his view and leaning toward AMD.

Antimatter

I have AGOIA stepping too :) Was real easy getting it to 1750, just put the fsb at 140 and stuck with it. Before I can overclock it more, I need a better hsf w/ AR3, better psu, and pc2700 ram(which I think is the real reason that's holding me back:mad: )

But those xp2100's have been out for a bit, it was made in the last week of 2001, and my xp2000 was made in the 4th week of 2002. I wonder if all the xp's were actually finished around the same time, but they just decided to wait to release the later ones:eh?: The world may never know :(

AKDUDE

It will be very interesting to see just how far they can push the .18micron process. I don't know when they plan to stop production on the .18s, but I would be interested to see how nice of a overclock you could get from a chip made near the end of the run.
Probably could use it as a space heater ;)
AKDUDE

Silver

Re: AGOIA Rulez

Pr3dat0r said:
I got myself an Xp 1700+ AGOIA-Y and it works great at 1850 only the temp is the biggest problem :mad:

Might you mention where you got the chip? I would appreciate it.:)

Pr3dat0r

In the Netherlands there is a shop where they know there hardware and they can unlock an Xp for 15 euros (13 dollars).
I emailed the shop and they said they got 22 of these fine ships ... i only ordered one ASAP. :eek:

Because i know these are rare :D

The shop is www.eynstein.nl

Silver

Welcome to the Forums. Traveling there to get a chip might drive the cost up past an intel....not sure on that though.:D