• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2200 cooling 35C load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DUREX

Disabled
is this possible 35c xp 2200 on a epox 8k7a + with a alpha 8045 with a 5000rpm 80mm on the hs??? lowest i had it

Maximus Nickus

Senior Shaman
This will sound stupid but it all depends on your Room temperature.

I mean if your room is a mere 5C (which I hope it isn't) then 35C load is very acheivable, I assume your meaning 'generally' in the context of the 23-29C room temperature many of us fall into.

I'd say your better of asking a question of temperature above ambient, for instance 35C load is the same as realistically 5-8C above ambient room temperature, and that would be very difficult to achieve with air. And nigh-on impossible with an 8045 regardless of airflow on the fan, and in retrospect in the case as well.

I managed 33C load with a 5C above ambient on a 1Ghz T-Bird at 1.33Ghz (1.85V) utilising an 8045, but that was on the brink orb noise and only a temporary solution. The Doctor advised I avoided long periods next to the PC due to the extent of the hearing damage that could be caused. :eek:

I would also remember that your temperature sensor is not 100% accurate too, its worthwhile to take that into account.

I'm sorry for the long confusing post but you can see what I'm getting at, in a Nutshell. The answer is no, but don't be disheartened. The 2200+ is very difficult to cool.

Good Luck,
M_N

OP
DUREX

DUREX

Disabled
do u know what the voltage is suppsoe to be on this cpu well i ahve my window open and its 45-50 degrees in my rom so its liek a icebox hehe what voltage do i run on a xp2200

OP
DUREX

DUREX

Disabled
well i on a epox 8k7a and it says its running at 1.79mhz caus ei got everything at default im new to epox boards