• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2400 / prometia initial results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opie420

Registered
wcpuid.jpg

mbm.jpg

sandra1.jpg

sandra2.jpg

It's prime95 stable at this speed. I haven't tried any more voltage than 1.85v but this thing has less than 6hrs of runtime on it so I should be able to push it a bit faster in the coming days.
:D

Last edited:

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Looks good! Someone has gotten to almost 2.6 gig with your same setup, was posted a couple of weeks ago. I think he was using 1.95V. Keep pushing!

dropadrop

natopotato said:
basicly how the frick did u do it?

Well, the prometia cools the cpu more then the vapochill, so that's not really a suprise to me. If he bumps up the voltage I would imagine 2.5ghz would be easy.

Looking at the sig it does seem a bit strange though... Vapochill system coming? Why would you have a vapochill coming if you allready have a prometia. And what are you planning on doing with your lian li? :D

Deathknight

dropadrop said:
And what are you planning on doing with your lian li? :D

Actually you can buy the prometeia with or without the case. So you can buy the bottom piece and plop your existing case on top of it. I have been considering the same thing since the reviews on the case they use are pretty poor.

Kunaak

red X's is all I am getting on the first post, I can't see any of the pictures...

as for where to get the prometeia?
look at chip-con.com, I have mine on order through xtwerkz.com
cost me 753 for the entire package, in black.
I orderd the black one with the case and all.

I chose it, after seeing that the vapochill really isn't that impressive. hard to keep below zero at full load, it's built top heavy, and it's just ugly as freakin hell.
like if you put an incredible hulk in a thong...

the thing that sucks...
I don't get my prometiea till november 6th or so, cause of customs when they get shipped to the US.
fun...

OP
Opie420

Opie420

Registered
to answer all the questions:

I bought my prometia from http://www.oc-shop.com they were nice enough to drive 45min from the netherlands and deliver it to me at work!! But then again I've spent a ton of money at their shop so I deserve it.

I moved the pictures to another site so they should be visible now. my cable modem provider uses a proxy so I guess they were in the proxy but not reachable with a tag. maybe geocities doesn't like...e. I'll post a bunch more pics this weekend.

Yodums

Thats awsome. I can see unlocking and when the replacement ram comes in you can get better results not to mention it's still burning in. You got alot of deceased products bro.