• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2400+ Unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

What is the definitive answer on unlocking the above. I understand you just have to bridge L5 (1 bridge)? I want to make sure this applies to the 2400+ as well as 2200+ Tbred....

Also, any people with these chips, whats you best OC? Locked/unlocked doesnt matter....

Im hoping for 200x11 - My unlocked 1600+ will hit 205FSB, Im running 190x9 at the mo. Think this is reasonable to hope for on air for a new 2400+ (CM Heat Pipe Delta 7krpm).

Ordering this afternoon hopefully will have tomorrow and benchmarks tomorrow night.

TIA :D

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
unlocking

Definite- 5th L3 bridge

I would hope for the same speed with a Thoroubred, but whether the intital stepping can hang with that kind of bus speed remains to be seen (or at least I haven't seen it yet).

Garfield

205FSB! Did you have to flash your BIOS and put another one it to get over 200? Or does that mobo just initially support it? Because on my 8KHA+, 200FSB is the max...but I see that you have an 8k3a.

And, how did the unlocking go? What did you use to unlock it? A kit, or just materials that you gathered? I'm also looking to unlock my 1600+.