• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2700 & MSI K7N2 Delta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiamSevier

Registered
I have an MSI K7N2 Delta and an Athlon XP 2700+ (333). I've checked it and it's a Thoroughbred. I bought a Speed-Strip to try to boost it's ability to overclock. Can anyone tell me what voltage/steps I should take to achieve whatever OC I can get from it?
The Athlon chip info is as follows:
AXDA2700DKV3D 9538083250305
AIUHB0248XPBW 1999AMD

Now, from what I've read from other searches (see...I did search), is that this chip is a week 48, from 2002, which means it should NOT be factory locked. So adding the speedstrip and adjusting the voltages/stepping to...._______ on the MSI K7N2 Delta board should get me to around ___ OC?

Post your cooling and power supply brand for an overclocking estimate.

How's your case flow?

What are the case temps?

Your CPU is T-Bred B and it's multiplier unlocked for sure since it was made in 2002 + I believe that 2700+ T-Bred B is also always unlocked just like 2100+ B.

Turns out only Abit, DFI and Soltek nForce2 mobos can post all multipliers on your CPU.

The speed-strip will help you in case you need to use a specific multiplier your mobo may not post.

2700+ is high range multi because its default multi is 13.
Are you sure you can't post low range (12.5 and lower) without speed strip?

If you can, you don't need the speed strip.

For example Epox nForce2s can post all the multis on CPUs with high range default multi like 2100+ and 2700+, Epox would only need speed strip for CPUs hose default multi is 12.5 and lower and that's only if you need to use 13 and higher multis... your mobo may beghave the same, take the speed strip off and see if you can post low range multis, if you can, you don't need the speed strip.

Here's what your looking at:

2.3 GHz average overclock (similar to 2100+ B) but that's only with adequate cooling.
Retail T-Bred heatsinks are not as good as Barton retails so don't expect much of an overclock with a retail T-Bred heatsink.

MHz speed = FSB x multiplier

If you have PC2700 RAM, you may only get as high as "low 190s" FSB since that's what PC2700s do at the most.

If they do 200 FSB, they're mislabled PC3200s.

P.S. Remember to gradually increase Vcore voltage as well as Vdimm RAM voltage... but watch your temperatures as you do.

Thanks guys.

I'm running a TT Volcano 11+ w variable speed on the athlon.
5 Antec case fans (2 front, 2 rear, and 1 topside blowhole)
1 Gig Corsair XMS Pro 4000 w/spreaders
and an Enermax 460w ps w variable fan

I'm not really sure what the temps will be. I'm rebuilding this box now with new parts, so I can't really compare it to what it was reading before (which I don't know). All cables have been sleeved and hidden and I'm using rounded ide's. My Radeon 9800 pro has 2 open slots underneath it, so cooling flow should be pretty sufficient.

I'm still trying to figure out how to tap all the fan speed sensor leads together and route the single lead to the fan bus. I guess I could do it the old fashioned way and clip/twist them together, but that's messy and chinsey.

Thermaltake heatsinks are not as good as Thermalrights, don't be surprised if you get 2.2 instead of 2.3 at comfortable voltage/temps.

Back