• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp2800 price/release ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

hello, new here.

a few questions: has heard anything about the xp2800 expected price and release date? will it be out at christmas and will it be the best amd cpu out by christmas?

According to the AMD site, the 2700+ will go for $350 and the 2800+ for $400 It also says "This listing reflects pricing for direct AMD customers in 1000-unit tray quantities" so expect the actual prices to be about $20ish higher. 2600+ hasn't even started shipping yet in sizable quantities. 2700+ will probably make it before Christmas. No release date yet but I'm not expecting to see 2800+ before Christmas.

ReTiCuLeX said:
If that's going to be the price AMD could consider me a lost customer till they lower there prices. I ain't going for intel either so i'll wait for them to drop prices.
Jeez you have only just bought the XP2400+ anyway!!!- oh to be flush with cash!:)

If that's going to be the price AMD could consider me a lost customer till they lower there prices. I ain't going for intel either so i'll wait for them to drop prices.

If you are going to wait for a lower price then you aren't really a lost customer. ;)

Back