• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XPMW or WPMW which to get ahhh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmyqwest

Disabled
Ok guys later this week i'll be buying a 1700 plus to replace my current CPU which will not run with voltage changes above .05...which is any (i'm going to buy a floppy drive tonight to see if a bios update will help, but i think it's the CPU).

So my question is which do i get

xpmw or wpmw

I have one of the WPMW's. I would probably get the XPMW if I get another one, just to see how it compares. My WPMW seems to run a little hotter and requires a little more voltage to be stable than my MPMW.

i just recieved one of each in order to see which one i liked more. The wpmw seems to be able to just hit 2.5 at around 1.875V but it will take no more but the xpmw does 2.5ghz at 1.825vcore and so far i've topped it out at 2623mhz on 1.95vcore on air cooling. THe wpmw was also not quite as stable at 2.5 then the xpmw. If i were you i would go with the xpmw as it seems that have been better for taking higher vcore and have higher overclocks overall. I know TheDude on xtremeforums had a wpmw around 2.7 on a prommie and his xpmw does over 2.9

Back