• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XRP wallet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

87dtna

I've been trying to invest in ripple coin for 2 weeks now and I've just watched the price go from 2 to 3 bucks and it's pissing me off waiting for account verification for 2 different wallets. I've seen though people saying that coinbase is a good wallet, I have an account there but I only see bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum wallets on that site under my account. Can someone explain to me how I can get an XRP wallet there because it eludes me. Or, if someone could recommend an XRP wallet that doesn't take a month apparently to verify your identity that'd be great.

I've been trying to invest in ripple coin for 2 weeks now and I've just watched the price go from 2 to 3 bucks and it's pissing me off waiting for account verification for 2 different wallets. I've seen though people saying that coinbase is a good wallet, I have an account there but I only see bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum wallets on that site under my account. Can someone explain to me how I can get an XRP wallet there because it eludes me. Or, if someone could recommend an XRP wallet that doesn't take a month apparently to verify your identity that'd be great.

can you get litecoin ? if so, buy, transfer to poloniex or bitfinex and buy xrp .. though I wouldnt exactly recommend buying on this hype, but then again I may be wrong, who knows

The message I get when trying to create and account at bitfinex-

Thank you for your interest in opening a Bitfinex account. However, due to extraordinary demand, new account creation has been temporarily paused.

poloniex appears to have the same process for verification as the other sites I'm trying to get too, do you think it will be faster?

Edit- Actually I just hit a snag while creating an account, it requires a webcam for a picture but I don't have a webcam.

This would be so much easier if WEX had xrp.

The message I get when trying to create and account at bitfinex-

poloniex appears to have the same process for verification as the other sites I'm trying to get too, do you think it will be faster?

geez when did all this happen .. they didnt used to be so picky in the past
try bittrex

We have received an enormous number of new account registrations over the past few weeks. We are excited to have so many new users who want to join the Bittrex community. Unfortunately, we have to make a few upgrades to our support and backend systems to handle the increased traffic and load. As such, we have halted new user registrations for the time being

Now you see the issues I'm having lol

Now you see the issues I'm having lol

try for poloniex, dont know how long it will take, but at least is the better of these exchanges and you will have an account on a good exchange at the end of the day

also bitstamp, best IMO, but it may take longer than poloniex

It required a webcam for a picture of yourself. There was no alternative, couldn't just upload a picture, and it wouldn't let me past that section of the verification until I took a webcam pic.

It required a webcam for a picture of yourself. There was no alternative, couldn't just upload a picture, and it wouldn't let me past that section of the verification until I took a webcam pic.

ROFL, who asks for that ? poloniex ? this is straight out ridiculous already ..

Somewhere else that I created an account also required a selfie. Just about everywhere requires a picture of the front and back of your license or passport, and also a bill in your name to prove your place of residence. It's quite crazy just to create an account, but this is the problem I'm having. This is why it takes so long to verify someones account. And this is why I'm really trying to figure out how to trade for XRP on coinbase since I already have an account there but I can't figure out how.

Somewhere else that I created an account also required a selfie. Just about everywhere requires a picture of the front and back of your license or passport, and also a bill in your name to prove your place of residence. It's quite crazy just to create an account, but this is the problem I'm having. This is why it takes so long to verify someones account. And this is why I'm really trying to figure out how to trade for XRP on coinbase since I already have an account there but I can't figure out how.

passport or dl and bill is normal, most of them which deal with fiat currency will ask for it, funny thing is poloniex does not deal with fiat .. and that makes it funny, the webcam bs is just funny though

you cant trade xrp on coinbase, they dont have it, these are the markets that trade it https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/xrp/markets/BTC

I would highly recommend staying away from poloniex. It took me weeks to get verified there (so I could withdraw some BTC/BCH that I had left on the exchange) and there are numerous reports of people having issues withrawing funds. reddit.com/r/poloniex

I just remembered I have a laptop and it may have a webcam. But I'm just thinking it's gonna take a couple weeks for account verification there too anyway.

Right now I just need a place for an XRP wallet that I can transfer to because I'm going to buy some from an individual P2P

I would highly recommend staying away from poloniex. It took me weeks to get verified there (so I could withdraw some BTC/BCH that I had left on the exchange) and there are numerous reports of people having issues withrawing funds. reddit.com/r/poloniex

hmm, never had a problem with them in the past .. but then again what Im hearing today seems quite funny, so I may just try a withdraw in a while

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered I have a laptop and it may have a webcam. But I'm just thinking it's gonna take a couple weeks for account verification there too anyway.

Right now I just need a place for an XRP wallet that I can transfer to because I'm going to buy some from an individual P2P

be careful with P2P, I got screwed really bad on sellbitcoins with a P2P once

be careful with P2P, I got screwed really bad on sellbitcoins with a P2P once

Oh I know, I've gotten screwed in the past with buyers on local bitcoins and paypal (claimed unauthorized transaction to get their money back). But this is a forum member with good heatware, not worried.

just did a withdraw, btw my account is legacy, still not confirmed :D
took 2mins to make it and it posted to my home wallet as pending (but as we all know this is now unreversible) in 5mins ..

I'm glad I had other crypto currency to get my XRP when it was low. Course wish I dumped more into it at the time but thankfully I'm not using my cash to do this.
Its paid off very well for me now and seems to be heading to the spot where I'm expecting it to stop around ($5-10) mark. Just hope it slows down so there isn't a major crash situation with it.

Edit: Sorry was ment for somewhere else... see actual commit I ment to post below.

Last edited:
I don't see the need to post that you're glad you got some XRP when it was cheap in a thread where a guy is posting to try to get a wallet to invest in XRP and is mad that he wasn't able to purchase it 2 weeks when he wanted to. So, thanks for that.

Oops sorry I was posting to somewhere else... Had something else written in here for you, goes to show to many windows open at once not good.

What I was going to say is that there is a site that I've been using to buy currencies. Not sure if there is a place you can just get USD into the system and then get it transferred to this place to buy into XRP. Like using Coinbase for instance and buying Eth and transferring it to a different service to buy/exchange. I know I've tried to sign up with other sites and im going on months without getting "authenticated". Least Coinbase was quick and easy about it, and I think soon they should be adding XRP actually to their market place.

I use Cryptonator. The downside is that getting USD into/out of it is nearly impossible to do easy right now (mostly Euro site), and prices tend to be a little lower than most market levels but that keeps the "value" at least a little stable. Its not as volatile with the ups and downs in the market. But if you use something like one of the other sites or potentially Coinbase to actually just get your funds in the system it might be good. Take a look at it, setting up accounts was still quick last I checked 2 weeks ago (just took minutes) as I helped a relative out.

Back