• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XSoul MX8 Predator Mouse Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

The XSoul MX8 Predator is currently $16.99 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-D...F8&qid=1473716313&sr=8-2&keywords=xsoul+mouse

LOOKS: The XSoul MX8 Optical Mouse aesthetically looks great. If you knew me, you would know that the first step into getting me to like something is to make it matte. Feels smooth and looks smooth, what’s there to complain about? RGB lights are a great addition at this price point, allowing for different custom colors at each of the four also custom DPI settings. The only gripe I have about the lights is that they aren’t as bright as my other peripherals. With that said, for the price this mouse is being offered at, I have yet to see one with as many lighting options as this one.

FEEL: The first thing I noticed with this mouse is that it is a little bit shorter in length than my main G502. This led to more of my palm being dragged across my mouse pad. Though, this may be because I have fairly large hands. Two swappable palm rests are included, one taller and one shorter. The taller one works best for me because I have larger hands and tend to use a claw grip. I would rather have had a fixed one and had the extra design and costs put elsewhere in the mouse (for example the software or lighting). A rubber thumb pad is included, though for some reason while using it I keep asking myself whether it is actually helping or hindering me. Upon further inspection of the mouse when removing the palm rest, there is an area where you can remove a screw and take out a bit of plastic. I immediately thought this would allow me to remove the circular weights in the mouse, though I was completely disappointed when I realized that the weights were in there to stay.

PERFORMANCE: To start, the software allows for a wide range of DPI settings that should meet anyone’s needs. The DPI ranges from 0-4000, allowing you to choose any increment of 250. I have a dual monitor setup, one 4k monitor and one 1080p monitor, even with that much screen real-estate, 2500 DPI seems to be the sweet spot for me. A 1000 hertz polling rate is also a positive for this mouse. The buttons are all tactile and easy to reach, though the middle mouse wheel steps can be hard to feel at times.

All-in-all this is an amazing gaming mouse for the price. The software and lighting are unmatched at this price-point, and the design has no major flaws to speak of.
61dfuE8Z2GL._SL1001_.jpg 71yuVT99VdL._SL1001_.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first sponsored product review so if anyone thinks I missed something, please let me know what I should change in the future.

There is a major feature missing. Is this an optical, laser, or roller ball mouse? It might be nice to see actual product pictures along with some screen shots of the software and it's features.

Otherwise, nice write-up.

There is a major feature missing. Is this an optical, laser, or roller ball mouse? It might be nice to see actual product pictures along with some screen shots of the software and it's features.

Otherwise, nice write-up.

Added that it is optical. I will keep that in mind for my next reviews I am doing. I just don't to fill up an entire page with photos is all.

Has most of what one wants to see, but is extremely short. You didn't snap any pics of it yourself? Take it apart? What type of buttons does it have?

This mouse was provided for me either for free or at a discounted price from XSOUL. My review will be honest.
I'd get rid of this line...

Also, I am curious as to why they sent you this mouse to review. Do you have a youtube page will followers? A website? Or is the plan to post a thread in this forum or other forums?

Has most of what one wants to see, but is extremely short. You didn't snap any pics of it yourself? Take it apart? What type of buttons does it have?

I'd get rid of this line...

Also, I am curious as to why they sent you this mouse to review. Do you have a youtube page will followers? A website? Or is the plan to post a thread in this forum or other forums?

I believe I need to have that line for legal reasons, correct? I have been contacting many Amazon sellers about providing honest reviews for the product in return. The shortness of the review is because of the fact that it is mainly intended to be posted on Amazon.

Might be a good idea to include some links in the future too (i.e. XSouls's website, Amazon sales page).

As long as they aren't in your sig I don't see why not.

EDIT: Also I wouldn't write it as a sales ad mind you. But a simple, Newegg offers it for $XX.XX linked here or you can pick one up at Amazon here for $XX.XX I'm sure would be fine.

I believe I need to have that line for legal reasons, correct? I have been contacting many Amazon sellers about providing honest reviews for the product in return. The shortness of the review is because of the fact that it is mainly intended to be posted on Amazon.
We don't say that in reviews... If anything, that makes me wonder because you ARE saying it.

I would love to get free stuff for 200 word reviews!!! Damn!!! Yo go boy!

We don't say that in reviews... If anything, that makes me wonder because you ARE saying it.

I would love to get free stuff for 200 word reviews!!! Damn!!! Yo go boy!

I tell them I will write a review of adequate or requested length. I wanted to keep it short enough for the average buyer to get the information they need in order to make a decision. I removed the bit about how it was given to me for free or discounted, but I am going to research if I am required to say that. I know all the big youtuber's need to say it for their items.

Nice link B_N. We do generally mention X company sent us X product for review so I suppose were good.

I keep seeing 'endorse' a product though. Although an endorsement could come from a review, it could not (bunk product). I do not think it's a requirement for us to do so even reading the article. I'm going to look it over again.

If it's needed, it's needed, we do generally mention that and I'd imagine it's common knowledge for most amyway. Not worried about it from a legal standpoint here surely.

But in a 200 word review, it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. :)

I keep seeing 'endorse' a product though. Although an endorsement could come from a review, it could not (bunk product). I do not think it's a requirement for us to do so even reading the article. I'm going to look it over again.

If it's needed, it's needed, we do generally mention that and I'd imagine it's common knowledge for most amyway. Not worried about it from a legal standpoint here surely.

But in a 200 word review, it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. :)

418 Words :)

Sorry, 400+. My fault. Ours have been 2.6K and 3.6K respectively for the last ones... but you are writing for amazon reviews or something so its a different ballgame. :)

Thanks for the link and info!

Thanks for that info BN, I always wondered about seeing that in tons of Amazon reviews. I always end up taking a lot of those reviews with a grain of salt as a lot of users may just want the product and will give it a positive rating even if it is mediocre or if only used for a day, etc.

I think a word that makes it difficult to get by is the 'sponsored review', when something is 'sponsored' it puts an already positive spin on something that seems like the review was paid to be positive. Just my personal opinion. In my reviews (with the exception for the few of products that I purchased out of pocket), I generally say "today we are looking at the x-product that y-company sent for review" or something along those lines.

Back