• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XT CPUs showing decent all core boost.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtallanddopey

I don’t know how reputable this site is or how it gets its information, is it real world benchmarks I don’t know.

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-amd_ryzen_7_3800xt-1609

Basically they are showing for the 3800x vs 3800xt a turbo boost frequency from 4.5Ghz to 4.7Ghz but the more important figure is the all core. 4.2 to 4.5Ghz all core.

Like I said could be a garbage site. But if true I think those chips may be slightly better than first thought. Or what I first thought which was just a slight boost frequency increase.

I have also seen some prices banded about which are the same msrp as the X chips, so could just be direct replacements.

Or what I first thought which was just a slight boost frequency increase.
But, that's what they are. :)

Both boosts (single core and all cores) get a Mhz bump (200/300 MHz).

I've also seen prices the same as the non XTs.

Last edited:
RightO. :)

All boost seem to get a 200 MHz bump, right?

Well 300 according to that site. Upto 4.5 from 4.2. Overclocking the 3800x can reach 4.3/4.4 I believe, so if that translates maybe we could see 4.6?? With manual overclocking? Or it could be the absolute limit reached by the bios software.

I’m not that excited for the xt chips but I think it shows that the 7nm silicone can clock higher and with some design tweaks who knows what zen3 can do.

I have to say I'm not holding my breath for overclocking headroom!

Zen 3 is a completely different ballgame. I cant wait to see what it brings too. :)

I guess that every chip will OC 1-2 steps better so like cherry-picked non-XT Ryzens. I don't believe they will run 300-500MHz higher, more like 100-200 at the same voltage comparing to X. Clocks at all cores are mentioned in 2 places in the link, one says about 4.5GHz but later is 4.2GHz. I would believe that 4.2GHz as even though high, it seems reasonable for 8 cores.

Personally I wait on something like an 6-8 core low power chip. These 200W+ CPUs are pretty stupid for home/gaming computers but this is what we get when Intel fights with AMD.

What I want to know is the pricing. 3900X can be found for as low as $400. They say the pricing is going to be the same as the X. Is this XT going to be extra $100 over the 3900X at $500 or will be it be priced the same as a replacement? $1 per Megahertz extra or not is the question.

What I want to know is the pricing. 3900X can be found for as low as $400. They say the pricing is going to be the same as the X. Is this XT going to be extra $100 over the 3900X at $500 or will be it be priced the same as a replacement? $1 per Megahertz extra or not is the question.

I think AMD have said the prices will be the same as the msrp. This isn’t good when you look at chips like the 3600x selling for well under $200 if you look about, the msrp was 250. The extra $50 for 5-8% (claimed) gains is just not worth it.

I do feel that it will be good for someone like me though. I have an x370 motherboard. I cannot fit zen3 into it. So maybe next year I will get a 3600xt for $150 and I will be happy.

It does look as though they are just going to be way over priced for anyone to seriously consider who isn’t stuck on the first Gen platform.

MSRP the same is a good thing IMO. The 'old chips dropped in price due to time and the market while a new and faster chip replaces it. "Worth it" by performance metrics rarely works out in the first place.

These aren't upgrades for existing ryz3n 3000 users but surely are for 2000 and 1000 series owners.

Back