• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xtasy Ti4200 heatsink come off???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

i have an Xtacy Ti4200 128mb vid card and the damn heatsink seems to be glued on the chipset or something can enyone help me get it off??? or maybe it doesnt come off? ok thanks
Thanks
,Tony

Bull

Put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then take a credit card or something similiar to put against the pcb. Take a screwdriver and carefully pry up on the heatsink making sure the credit card is against the pcb so you won't damage the traces. It should pop off. Visiontek usually doesn't put the glue on very well. I have done this with many of their cards and haven't damaged one yet.

nut581

I've done the same thing Bull did for my Aopen GF4TI4200, and it worked like charm :) .. just make sure to put your card in a bag, coz' if u don't, when u get the card outside to room temp, condensation would produce water all over your card .. disasterrr!! ...:D