• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

y fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

ok now i was wondering,since my cpu is 1/2 inch and my gpu and nb are 3/8 inch, should i just reduce the hose to 3/8 inch and go from the nb to the gpu(or vice versa). or to use a reducing y fitting so i could get both of them and then runt it back to 1/2 inch. thanks.

and by the way, where do you recomend placing the t fitting for bleeding?

Last edited:

Seal

Not sure bout 1st qn.

2nd qn: Anywhere thats convenient. i used to have mine after the cpu block before the rad... (cpu --> T line --> Rad) now i have mine rad --> t line --> pump because of more convenient tubing.

Toysrme

T fitting should be at the highest point if possible. It'll clear at any point, it just takes an enormous amount of time as you get lower.

(mines at the lowest point, takes forever i you don't pre-fill everything)

OP
snyper1982

snyper1982

thanks guys, i was hoping youd say up high, cause i think that will be the easiest for me. but no onw knows about the y fitting huh? i found one on the net it 1/2"- 3/8"-3/8" but they wqnted like 5.50 for it. and i was like ok, so put 2 in my basket and when i went to checkout they wanted 7 bucks to ship the darned thing. so i said forget that. if you guys happen to run across one for cheaper, let me know, thanks. by the way, knee surgery sucks!

Last edited:

Daemonfly

Those reducing Y fittings are rather rare beasts, pretty hard to find. I think I've only seen one or two places that have them.

Whats the place you found them at? I'd need 1/2" & 1/2" to 5/8" which is even more difficult to find. :(

OP
snyper1982

snyper1982

i think it was becooling (or something like that). and i didnt see any 1/2" 1/2" 5/8". but they do have the 1/2" 5/8" 5/8"

Joe_Atlanta

Can't seem to link directly to the page (url probably too long), looks like US plastics has Y fittings, 1/2" 1/2" 5/8".
Try this page, click on "Kynar, Nylon and Polypropylene Tube Fittings", then look at the "equal angle Y fittings".