• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay, look what i got!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neo Demi

http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/productinfo.php?codeid=800808

big *** fan for my xp 1700, now i just have to get the fan attached to my hs somehow....

note the warning at the bottom of the page 'fan grills recomended', i already caught my finger in the old fan on my puter, its slow, and doesnt move much air, just the average generic fan, so im definitely putting grills on this beast, before it eats me.

wonder if thisll get my temps below 50°C

only one way to find out.....

OP
N

Neo Demi

lol, i use headphones with the volume up full on my homemade amp :)
aint gonna hear nothing when im on the puter

eh?

yea those bad boys scream. I have 7-10 92 mm deltas. And about 8 120mm deltas that puch 131cfm at full blast. They are so loud its not even funny. Im running the 120s at 7 volts, and they are actually quite now. I have stuck my finger in there at 7 volts.....

ToledoSteel

I tried deltas once, I just couldn't take it. They lasted less than a day in my machine. Of course those were 60mm fans, which seem to be more high pitched.

Azeroth

Ive caught my finger in a TT Tornado 7+ fan before at high speed, one word, ouch! I think someone should tell TT that their grill, while sweet looking, doesnt protect you from getting your fingers in it, and just makes it worst.

gtsimmo

Those fans are the exact same ones used in the Vantec Tornados, which i have. One word of advise these things are very loud! Buy a rheostat or fan controller of some sort. It's not even real option with this fan, you need one if you want to keep your sanity.

larva

Inactive Moderator
No, they are not the same. Yes, they are loud.

The tornado is a sunon produced fan that in 80mm develops 84.1cfm. They are rated even louder, 55dba.

Panaflo fans have incredibly sharp edges on the fan blades and will slice and dice you at 3000rpm. I can only imagine what damage a 5700rpm delta or sunon would do.

N

nerdlogic

Okay, I'd say that the noise level of that fan might get to you. and I'd have to agree with larva from his previous posts on other threads...if you're going to run a tornado or delta at a low setting all the time, then just get a fan that puts out that low of a setting...My tornado has been at a low setting for the majority of the time, but that's only because I've been gone at school. Now that school's almost over, this baby's going to be turned up a lot more. :D

CrimsonFrost

For a while I had deltas and i loved them.... Then I realized that there is this thing that happens to you that I so lovingly call "the Delta Nerosis"... After swapping out my deltas for a set of TT/evercool fans, I have been a little less edgy. But for fun I got a box of delta 120's, And I can say when you stack six of them on a radiator, you start to see **** after a while. it equates to a good 300CFM actual throughput.. but it sucks your humanity out in the process.

-CFº